Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can ZETA REGULARIZATION avoid all the UV divergences ?

1. Aug 12, 2010 #1
    can ZETA REGULARIZATION avoid all the UV divergences ??

i found a paper http://vixra.org/pdf/1005.0071v1.pdf so using Zeta regularization i can regularize all the integrals by replacing divergent integrals by divergent sums and applying zeta regularization algorithm to get only FINITE results.

i think that ALL the equations in the paper are correct and that one can get FINITE results by applying zeta regularization even for divergent integrals.
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 12, 2010 #2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Re: can ZETA REGULARIZATION avoid all the UV divergences ??

I see in the similar threads footer
    can zeta regularization provide FINITENESS to quantum field theory ?? (2010)

Zeta regularization for UV divergences ?? (2009)

Submitted Research: Zeta regularization as a renormalization tool..., by eljose (2006)

The papers linked-to are always either signed by Jose Javier Garcia Moreta
    or else by a PF member from back in 2006 named "eljose"
    Maybe you can somehow consolidate these threads, since they are all about the work of a single individual, always on the same topic.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  4. Aug 12, 2010 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: can ZETA REGULARIZATION avoid all the UV divergences ??

I get FINITE results when I wear a MUUMUU and eat th' ZETA REGULARIZATION on a bran muffin!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook