Capacitor question( what do prioritize to maximize current in a RC circuit)

In summary: How do I maximize the I in function of time , playing around with the capacity of my capacitors and the voltage at which I charge them. Can someone give me the equation of the average current during the discharge of the capacitors up till t= RC , considering the discharge starts at t=0.FOR t(init) = 0 and t(fin) = RC Is it INTG( I ) / RC = ? or is it Q(t) ' = (Qmax e^(-t/RC))' = CV / (e^1)
polosportply
Hello,
my last post may have seemed a little too long or complicated apparently, so I'll try to simplify and adjust my questions this time.

THE SITUATION: I want to build a circuit comprised of capacitors and a small resistor of 1 Ohm.I link all my capacitors in parallel and I temporarily replace my resistor with a high-voltage battery to charge them up. Then I place back the resistor at the battery's place. The capacitors will discharge in the resistance.

GOAL: I want to have the highest possible current flowing through the circuit during the discharge.

How do I maximize the I in function of time , playing around with the capacity of my capacitors and the voltage at which I charge them.
Can someone give me the equation of the average current during the discharge of the capacitors up till t= RC , considering the discharge starts at t=0.

FOR t(init) = 0 and t(fin) = RC

Is it INTG( I ) / RC = ? or is it Q(t) ' = (Qmax e^(-t/RC))' = CV / (e^1)

So should we prioritize the capacity or the voltage tolerance of a capacitor, if we want the highest current, considering the energy of a capacitor system is E= 1/2CV^2 ?
E= 1/2CV^2 vs Q = CV

/-//-/

Also, I’ve heard something about back EMF or CEMF. Apparently this has to do with fluctuation of current passing in a wire, induced current force in other words. From wikipedia:
<< The counter-electromotive force (abbreviated counter emf, or CEMF ) [1] is the voltage, or electromotive force, that pushes against the current which induces it. [...] Back electromotive force is a voltage that occurs in electric motors [...].>>

So technically, since we’re not building a motor, we shouldn’t need to worry, right? Could someone explain to us, what EMF is exactly, if it concerns us that is.

Engineering news on Phys.org
polosportply said:
Hello,
my last post may have seemed a little too long or complicated apparently, so I'll try to simplify and adjust my questions this time.

THE SITUATION: I want to build a circuit comprised of capacitors and a small resistor of 1 Ohm.I link all my capacitors in parallel and I temporarily replace my resistor with a high-voltage battery to charge them up. Then I place back the resistor at the battery's place. The capacitors will discharge in the resistance.

GOAL: I want to have the highest possible current flowing through the circuit during the discharge. ...
Then make R=0, or short circuit the capacitors which may cause a small explosion, especially if you really have a 'high voltage' battery. If you must have R =1, then the current will be at its maximum the moment the resistor is inserted (t=0) at close to I=V(battery)/R(=1) amps, and decay exponentially at rate dependent on the value of C after that.

I would prioritize the voltage tolerance of the capacitors in order to maximize current in a RC circuit. This is because the voltage is directly proportional to the energy stored in the capacitors, as shown in the equation E= 1/2CV^2. By increasing the voltage tolerance, we can store more energy and therefore, have a higher current during the discharge.

To calculate the average current during the discharge, we can use the equation I = Q/t, where Q is the charge stored in the capacitors and t is the time it takes for the capacitors to discharge. This can also be written as I = CV/t, where C is the capacity of the capacitors. So, by increasing the capacity of the capacitors, we can also increase the average current during the discharge.

Back EMF, or counter EMF, is a phenomenon that occurs in electric motors where the changing magnetic field induces a voltage that opposes the flow of current. In the context of this RC circuit, it may not be a major concern as we are not dealing with a motor. However, it is always important to consider any potential disturbances or fluctuations in current when designing a circuit.

In summary, to maximize the current in a RC circuit, we should prioritize the voltage tolerance and capacity of the capacitors. We should also be aware of any potential disturbances, such as back EMF, that may affect the flow of current in the circuit.

What is a capacitor?

A capacitor is an electronic component that stores electrical energy in the form of an electric field. It is made up of two conductive plates separated by an insulating material, also known as a dielectric.

What is an RC circuit?

An RC circuit is a circuit that contains a resistor and a capacitor. When an electric current flows through the circuit, the capacitor charges and discharges, causing a time-varying voltage and current.

How do I maximize current in an RC circuit?

The current in an RC circuit can be maximized by prioritizing a few key factors. First, decreasing the resistance and increasing the capacitance will increase the current. Additionally, using a larger voltage and a smaller time constant will also lead to a higher current.

Why is it important to prioritize maximizing current in an RC circuit?

Maximizing current in an RC circuit is important because it allows for efficient energy transfer and can lead to faster charging and discharging times. This can be especially important in applications where time is a critical factor, such as in electronic devices.

What are some common applications of RC circuits?

RC circuits have a wide range of applications, including timing circuits, filter circuits, and analog-to-digital converters. They are also commonly used in electronic devices such as computers, televisions, and cell phones.