1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Career in Mechanical Drafting?

1. Sep 11, 2013 #1

R/R

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone is or knows any Mechanical Drafters? I am trying to find out if it is a good career path. Also is there a demand for Mechanical Drafters or is work hard to find?

I am trying to explore some new career options. I was thinking I would maybe start out with Mechanical Drafting then later work up to a Degree in Mechanical Engineering.

Thank you for any info or opinions.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 11, 2013 #2
    Depends on your understanding of programs like Solidworks, Inventor, and ProE. There are a lot of companies right now that really really want people that can use these programs well, if you can convince them that you are very savy in some of these programs then they might be willing to take you. I say "might" because a lot of companies want this person to also be an engineer so they can fill other roles as well. While there are plenty of companies that are looking for people you may have a hard time getting a job for this reason.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook