1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Career within Engineering Analysing

1. Apr 25, 2015 #1
    I've recently graduated from studying Aeronautical Engineering and been offered a great graduate scheme for a large transport management company as an Analyst Engineer which I'm chuffed about.

My question is however, what sort of prospects can this offer me in the long run? And what other fields can I branch into? (Would it mean staying as an analyst or would I be sought after within different areas within engineering?)

Thanks in advance,
    Chris.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2015 #2
    Typically, I see analyst jobs as being desk jobs. However, if the organization is large, your opportunities to branch out elsewhere are pretty good.

Also, if a job involves a lot of travel and visiting with lots of people, you may find opportunities that way.

In the long run, your opportunities for advancement depend upon YOU and your contacts. Do not wait for people to offer you positions. Figure out what jobs interest you, earn the qualifications and then go do them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook