agata78
- 139
- 0
Homework Statement
Calculate the Characteristic Impedance (Z0) of the two port network?
Homework Equations
When port 2 open-circuit, I2 = 0
So, Z11 = V1 / I1
= 40(60) / 100 = 24 Ω
When I2 = 0, thus V2
V2 = 40 / 20+40 V1 = 0.666 V1
Z21 = V2 / I1
= 0.666 V1 / (V1 / 40-20)
= 0.666 V1 / (V1/20) = 0.666 V1 : V1/20
= 0.666 [I]V[/I]1 x 20/[SIZE="5"][I]v[/I]1
= 0.666 [SIZE="5"][I]V[/I]1 x 20 / [SIZE="5"][I]V[/I]1
= 13.32 [SIZE="5"][I]V[/I]1 / [SIZE="5"][I]V[/I]1
= 13.32 Ω
[U]Now, when I1 = 0, so:[/U]
[SIZE="5"][I]Z[/I]22 = [SIZE="5"][I]V[/I]2 / [SIZE="5"][I]I[/I]2
= 40(60) / 100
= 2400 / 100
= 24 Ω
[U]When port 2 open circuit, [SIZE="5"][I]I[/I]1 - 0, so:[/U]
[SIZE="5"][I][SIZE="5"][I][/I]V[/I]1 = 40 / (20+40) V2
= 40 / 60 [SIZE="5"][I]V[/I]2
= 0.666 [SIZE="5"][I]V[/I]2
[SIZE="5"][I]I[/I]2 = [SIZE="5"][I]V[/I]2 / 24
[SIZE="5"][I]Z[/I]12 = [SIZE="5"][I]V[/I]1 / [SIZE="5"][I]I[/I]2
= 0.666 [SIZE="5"][I]V[/I]2 / ([SIZE="5"][I]V[/I]2 / 24)
= 0.666 [SIZE="5"][I][SIZE="5"][I][/I]V[/I]2 : ([SIZE="5"][I][SIZE="5"][I][/I]V[/I]2 / 24)
= 0.666 [SIZE="5"][I]V[/I]2 (24/ [SIZE="5"][I]V[/I]2)
= 15.984 Ω
[SIZE="7"]AM I CORRECT?
[SIZE="5"]Can someone please help?
Attachments
Last edited: