Chemical Photoshop for Emulating Film and 100 year old processes

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 6K views
Mustafa Umut
Messages
31
Reaction score
1
Autochrome is a photography technique which all details forgotten 50 years ago but counted as the best color photograph technique.

There are two layers on glass , one RGB Screen and second , a bw emulsion. When RGB filter separates the image , bw all color sensitive layer records the tones. Than all developed and you can see whatever RGB filter and bw emulsion recorded as color photograph.

I worked on subject and learned the dye numbers , their ratios and bw panchro film details.

The important thing is to know the curves of these dyes and curves of bw film.

I thoght if I could learn many chemicals and emulsion sensitizers spectrums , I could make a photo engineer software. every curve would tell the colors and their ratios and emulsion sensitizers would result as process emulating software.

What do you advise ?

Thank you ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul
 
Physics news on Phys.org
A custom photoshop plug-in could probably do that. You should look at the Adobe website for their plug-in API.

This is vaguely akin to "Sepia" filters only a bit more sophisticated.