Baked or Fried Chips: The Taste Debate

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, the poll is multiple choice and the answer is that both baked and fried tastes good, depending on what you're eating them with. Brands and flavors preferences are also appreciated.

Which chip is better, baked or fried?

• Total voters
Baked...Bring it on EVO!

Physics news on Phys.org
Baked. Will I still be alive tomorrow?

HeLiXe said:
Baked...Bring it on EVO!
*picks up banning gun, gets HeLiXe in her sight*

Want to take that back, son? *spits her chaw on the ground*

Newai said:
Baked. Will I still be alive tomorrow?
*notices Newai coming into the scene, Evo pulls out second banning gun and locks on Newai*

MAKE MY DAY!

Evo said:

*notices Newai coming into the scene, Evo pulls out second banning gun and locks on Newai*

MAKE MY DAY!
I was going to ask about...

Never mind. I think I'll leave this alone. :)

dlgoff said:
I was going to ask about...

Never mind. I think I'll leave this alone. :)
A very wise man. :approve:

Last night I made... tacos! What a surprise eh?

I always make a point to fry up a few flat shells for munchies later, but sometimes I just can't wait. There is nothing like a warm salted shell right out of the oil. Mmmmmmmmm. If they come out just right, they almost melt in your mouth.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
Last night I made... tacos! What a surprise eh?

I always make a point to fry up a few flat shells for munchies later, but sometimes I just can't wait. There is nothing like a warm salted shell right out of the oil. Mmmmmmmmm. If they come out just right, they almost melt in your mouth.
Those are delicious.

Reminds me of when this woman on tv that can't cook (of course she was given a cooking show) on Food Network, Sandra Lee. She takes 20 raw corn tortillas out of a bag, puts them in the microwave with a wet paper towel for 20 seconds, takes a tortilla and puts her filling on it, then takes a bite. The raw tortilla crumbles apart and her eyes bug out, camera cuts away.

Ya daft tart, corn tortillas are raw, RAW! They have to be cooked first.

Evo said:
Those are delicious.

Reminds me of when this woman on tv that can't cook (of course she was given a cooking show) on Food Network, Sandra Lee. She takes 20 raw corn tortillas out of a bag, puts them in the microwave with a wet paper towel for 20 seconds, takes a tortilla and puts her filling on it, then takes a bite. The raw tortilla crumbles apart and her eyes bug out, camera cuts away.

Ya daft tart, corn tortillas are raw, RAW! They have to be cooked first.

Yeah, twenty seconds in a nuke and you still have a raw corn tortilla! :biggrin:

I have experimented with cooking corn tortillas in the nuke. It seemed promising at first, but they all come out tough.

Evo said:
Cheetos, definitely fried.

Definitely Cheetos, period. I do have to be careful so the telltale orange dust doesn't give me away to my wife. :rolleyes:

Evo said:

MAKE MY DAY!

*dangles bag of kettle fries over starving goat*

I'll do it! I'll do it!

Ivan Seeking said:
Yeah, twenty seconds in a nuke and you still have a raw corn tortilla! :biggrin:
This should probably be in the food thread, but since you mention nuking...

The best enchiladas, IMO, are made with corn tortillas. But it's really hard to fill then roll them, without splitting, before baking. So I nuke a package for a few seconds to make them pliable. And they have a natural curl to them. Like some sort of membrane with a memory when heated.

This thread is a disguised form of tyranny. I voted fried, lest I make someone's day.

(*cough* moderator with a banning button *cough*).

P.S. I actually do like fried better though...

dlgoff said:
This should probably be in the food thread
To poll, calls for a separate thread. Besides, chips aren't really food. They're crunchy devices used to block out annoying conversations you don't want to listen to.

Newai said:
*dangles bag of kettle fries over starving goat*

I'll do it! I'll do it!

WATCH OUT!

A mountain goat http://www.king5.com/news/Mountain-goat-suspected-in-death-of-Olympic-Natl-Park-hiker-105138334.html"the other day... :!

Goats are killers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cape Cod classic kettle-fried chips are da bomb.

turbo-1 said:
Cape Cod classic kettle-fried chips are da bomb.

Haha, I've worked there.

I had the damned cheese popcorn line running right behind me on open conveyors! Bad bad bad.

btw, bad because I could grab the stuff by the handful all day long.

Ivan Seeking said:
Haha, I've worked there.

I had the damned cheese popcorn line running right behind me on open conveyors! Bad bad bad.
It didn't put you off cheese corn? An old friend of mine worked at an orange juice concentrating/bottling plant in Florida. He won't touch orange juice - just the smell of it evokes memories of the smell of scorched juice.

lisab said:
WATCH OUT!

A mountain goat http://www.king5.com/news/Mountain-goat-suspected-in-death-of-Olympic-Natl-Park-hiker-105138334.html"the other day... :!

Goats are killers!

Maybe he had a bag of baked chips.

Newai said:
Maybe he had a bag of [STRIKE]baked[/STRIKE] fried chips.

Fixed that for you :devil:.

turbo-1 said:
It didn't put you off cheese corn? An old friend of mine worked at an orange juice concentrating/bottling plant in Florida. He won't touch orange juice - just the smell of it evokes memories of the smell of scorched juice.

I never stay long enough to have that happen. I was there for two or three jobs lasting a week or so each - programming and integration for new systems going online.

..though I did leave Lance, in North Carolina, as one big pimple. :biggrin: I spent far too many weeks there.

[late edit: they had some new potato chip product called Thunder something with bluecheese... I think. Highly addictive stuff!]

Last edited:
Evo said:

*pulls out Evo-kryptonite*
[PLAIN]http://www.viewpoints.com/images/review/2007/115/9/1177512536-1882_full.jpg
MWAHAHAHAHA!

helixe said:
*pulls out evo-kryptonite*
[PLAIN]http://www.viewpoints.com/images/review/2007/115/9/1177512536-1882_full.jpg
mwahahahaha!
aaaarrrggghhh!

:biggrin:

But seriously my fave is original wavy lays with french onion dip, so "fried" for me.

HeLiXe said:
:biggrin:

But seriously my fave is original wavy lays with french onion dip, so "fried" for me.
:biggrin: *sticks 10 GOOBF cards into HeLiXe's computer*.

how is this even a question...FRIED BABY! drippin with lard and salt!

HeLiXe said:
*pulls out Evo-kryptonite*
MWAHAHAHAHA!

That's just plain wrong.

Natural Tostitos Blue Corn Chips. Because it is the right thing to do.:!)

Math Is Hard said:
That's just plain wrong.

Evil is what I was aiming at...EEEeeeeevil [URL]http://www.tokyo-nights.org/forum/images/smilies/Evil-er_Laugh_emoticon.gif[/URL]

Evo said:
:biggrin: *sticks 10 GOOBF cards into HeLiXe's computer*.

Why thank you :) *goes to wreak havoc*

HeLiXe said:

Rut-roh!

HeLiXe said:

lisab said:
Rut-roh!
I've created a monster!