Christianity: Fact or Legend?

• Thread starter Zantra
  • Start date
In summary: Jesus said what he is said to have said, and was false.2. Jesus did not say what he said, and thus it is false.Either way it's false - and that's what's important!It is an interesting idea. It reminds me of something I read sometime ago: that in the renaissance, there was a school of thought (I think it was the "scholastics", but I'm not sure) saying that the bible was the way used by old philosophers to teach values and philosophy to the poor. That's an interesting idea. Are there any sources for this idea?
Originally posted by Iacchus32
And yet I can look at people and observe this in general. I don't have to look to the Bible in order to find this out.

Or, like you've already said, maybe I'm just delusional? :wink:

Then what use is the Bible, specifically?

Oh,and ummm...you aren't as bad as the latest cracker.

Physics news on Phys.org
The bible does not teach hate as much as science teaches wisdom. Relative to your life masterblaster you may have encountered individuals or viewed this from perspective. These are individuals and not the whole. When you place the power or the reason or whatever outside yourself, you are undoubtably lost and powerless. Only when you realize that the power and the truth lies within you will you see it outside yourself. Sometimes after you have gone down a path this may be a difficult thing to do because you must restructure your mind and the way you think. A difficult task. The harder you fight the further you fall. I suggest replacing you thought pattern with activity and other thoughts. Then an only then, when you are out of this rut can you take action toward real answers and yet the action itself towards this path is in itself the beginning of it.

Don't Mcarthy the bible. It is only a book about the trials and tribulations of human beings. One can easily Mcarthy science.

Originally posted by Zero
Then what use is the Bible, specifically?
Like I said before, it's predicated upon the fact that we have a soul, otherwise it would be the same pile of garbage that some people like to refer to it as.

Oh,and ummm...you aren't as bad as the latest cracker.
Will try and take that as a compliment. Thanks.

Ok this post went waay of the topic I intended. Or at least got out of hand;) Anyhow, aside from one person dismissing my story of the beginning as a fake, and not giving an explanation, no one has commented. I'm not looking to "convert theists into athiests here, I am just looking for input on this statement, and wondering if anyone's heard this story before.

anyone have any useful input?

Originally posted by Zantra
Ok this post went waay of the topic I intended. Or at least got out of hand;) Anyhow, aside from one person dismissing my story of the beginning as a fake, and not giving an explanation, no one has commented. I'm not looking to "convert theists into athiests here, I am just looking for input on this statement, and wondering if anyone's heard this story before.

anyone have any useful input?

Well, most legends have a bit of truth in them. My understanding was that there were dozens of these 'messiahs' wandering around, stirring up trouble and getting crucified. All it takes in an enterprising young con artist to string together some comfortable lies, a little Roman domination to push the cult underground, and there you have it.

If this professor is not a legend and really existed and the person you say you herd it from really herd it correctly from that other nonfictional person that really existed and they all understood each other and if anyone of these people could even spell the word university then it must be without question the truth. Especially if 4 or 5 of these numnuts got together and agreed. If you were looking for a rise you got one.

Is it that you cannot see or is it that you have not opened your eyes.

Originally posted by TENYEARS

When some of us open our eyes, we see that teh emperor has no clothes, and we realize that those who see 'more' are actually blind.

Originally posted by TENYEARS
If this professor is not a legend and really existed and the person you say you herd it from really herd it correctly from that other nonfictional person that really existed and they all understood each other and if anyone of these people could even spell the word university then it must be without question the truth. Especially if 4 or 5 of these numnuts got together and agreed. If you were looking for a rise you got one.

I was under the impression that this was not an obscure theory, and that others had heard of it. Apparently not the case.

u·ni·ver·si·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (yn-vûrs-t)
n. pl. u·ni·ver·si·ties
An institution for higher learning with teaching and research facilities constituting a graduate school and professional schools that award master's degrees and doctorates and an undergraduate division that awards bachelor's degrees.
The buildings and grounds of such an institution.
The body of students and faculty of such an institution