Christianity: Fact or Legend?

• Thread starter Zantra
  • Start date
Zero
Originally posted by Iacchus32 Really it all depends on how you want to look at it, and what you wish to "justify" in its place.
Really, it depends on whether you look at it with an open mind or not. IF you read it with an open mind, you cannot avoid the hatred and cruelty and warped 'morals' of the Bible. I'm not trying to justify any postion except the one of looking at the bible with an open mind.

You obviously don't believe you have a soul, otherwise you might have a different take on the whole thing. It's like I said, this is probably the one criteria that decides whether or not the Bible valid. And whether or not you do have a soul, is something you'll have to determine for yourself. [/B]
Obviously, you believe that having a spiritual nature can make lies real.

MasterBlaster
Zero - Although you're a bit more forgiving of verbal defecation, we agree on most of these absurd ideas Iacchus32 vomits out.

The idea that such a strange thing as a "soul" has any place in reality is a horrible horribly supstition.

It's those who believe such a claim that holds humanity back in the dark ages for the rest of us.

Zero
Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Zero - Although you're a bit more forgiving of verbal defecation, we agree on most of these absurd ideas Iacchus32 vomits out.

The idea that such a strange thing as a "soul" has any place in reality is a horrible horribly supstition.

It's those who believe such a claim that holds humanity back in the dark ages for the rest of us.
Don't lump me in with you, MasterCracker...why don't you go get yourself another screen name. That would be your...4th in the last 2 weeks?

Thanks for the information leading me to the claim that you are certainly a disillusioned person.
You're quite welcome! :wink:

Let me explain this once and once only.

Claims can be either opinions or facts. NOT BOTH.

"what is an opinion of not an opinion about the fact"

No sir - you are UNBELIEVABLY MISTAKEN.

Fact - A statement that is EITHER TRUE OR FALSE

Opinion - A statement that carries no true or false value.

Example of a fact - the Earth is round. It's not up for effing opinion - it's either flat or it isn't
All of this may very well be true, in fact I agree with you for the most part -- but, in "whose opinion?"

And yet the earth was considered flat, before it was determined otherwise, so indeed fact "does" become opinion.

Example of an opinion - "The Scream" is a beautiful painting. It is NOT either true or false.
That would be subjective, as is everything else the "human mind" observes.

You need to hammer this into your brain.
Or maybe I'm just too lazy and would have others do it for me?

Your comments are morosely delusional. I need a bucket.
Go ahead! And be sure to dispose of it properly! :wink:

MasterBlaster
Iacchus32 - You're on ignore. However I will not allow you to spread hate here or anywhere else.

MasterBlaster
Originally posted by Zero
Don't lump me in with you, MasterCracker...why don't you go get yourself another screen name. That would be your...4th in the last 2 weeks?
For a person who considers themself so worthless they call themself "zero" you sure think you are a clown.

But no, you're just a zero, as you said yourself!

As for making a racist hate remark I've reported your post. And don't try editing it I've already frozen it here.

In other words our whole reason for being here is to prove how "right" we are, and who gives a damn about anyone else's opinion. And you're the one who's here to remind us of that, right?

MasterBlaster
Originally posted by Iacchus32
In other words our whole reason for being here is to prove how "right" we are, and who gives a damn about anyone else's opinion. And you're the one who's here to remind us of that, right?
Still more senseless vomiting. Do you ever stop?

Zero
For a person who considers themself so worthless they call themself "zero" you sure think you are a clown.

But no, you're just a zero, as you said yourself!

As for making a racist hate remark I've reported your post. And don't try editing it I've already frozen it here.
LOL Cracker=crackpot, which you are, under any screen name. We are just biding our time until Greg gets back and removes you again.

Really, it depends on whether you look at it with an open mind or not. IF you read it with an open mind, you cannot avoid the hatred and cruelty and warped 'morals' of the Bible. I'm not trying to justify any postion except the one of looking at the bible with an open mind.
And yet I can look at people and observe this in general. I don't have to look to the Bible in order to find this out.

Obviously, you believe that having a spiritual nature can make lies real.
Or, like you've already said, maybe I'm just delusional? :wink:

Zero
Originally posted by Iacchus32
And yet I can look at people and observe this in general. I don't have to look to the Bible in order to find this out.

Or, like you've already said, maybe I'm just delusional? :wink:
Then what use is the Bible, specifically?

Oh,and ummm....you aren't as bad as the latest cracker.

The bible does not teach hate as much as science teaches wisdom. Relative to your life masterblaster you may have encountered individuals or viewed this from perspective. These are individuals and not the whole. When you place the power or the reason or whatever outside yourself, you are undoubtably lost and powerless. Only when you realize that the power and the truth lies within you will you see it outside yourself. Sometimes after you have gone down a path this may be a difficult thing to do because you must restructure your mind and the way you think. A difficult task. The harder you fight the further you fall. I suggest replacing you thought pattern with activity and other thoughts. Then an only then, when you are out of this rut can you take action toward real answers and yet the action itself towards this path is in itself the begining of it.

Don't Mcarthy the bible. It is only a book about the trials and tribulations of human beings. One can easily Mcarthy science.

Then what use is the Bible, specifically?
Like I said before, it's predicated upon the fact that we have a soul, otherwise it would be the same pile of garbage that some people like to refer to it as.

Oh,and ummm....you aren't as bad as the latest cracker.
Will try and take that as a compliment. Thanks.

Ok this post went waay of the topic I intended. Or at least got out of hand;) Anyhow, aside from one person dismissing my story of the beginning as a fake, and not giving an explanation, no one has commented. I'm not looking to "convert theists into athiests here, Im just looking for input on this statement, and wondering if anyone's heard this story before.

anyone have any useful input?

Zero
Originally posted by Zantra
Ok this post went waay of the topic I intended. Or at least got out of hand;) Anyhow, aside from one person dismissing my story of the beginning as a fake, and not giving an explanation, no one has commented. I'm not looking to "convert theists into athiests here, Im just looking for input on this statement, and wondering if anyone's heard this story before.

anyone have any useful input?

Well, most legends have a bit of truth in them. My understanding was that there were dozens of these 'messiahs' wandering around, stirring up trouble and getting crucified. All it takes in an enterprising young con artist to string together some comfortable lies, a little Roman domination to push the cult underground, and there you have it.

If this professor is not a legend and really existed and the person you say you herd it from really herd it correctly from that other nonfictional person that really existed and they all understood each other and if any one of these people could even spell the word university then it must be without question the truth. Especially if 4 or 5 of these numnuts got together and agreed. If you were looking for a rise you got one.

Is it that you cannot see or is it that you have not opened your eyes.

Zero
Originally posted by TENYEARS

When some of us open our eyes, we see that teh emperor has no clothes, and we realize that those who see 'more' are actually blind.

Originally posted by TENYEARS
If this professor is not a legend and really existed and the person you say you herd it from really herd it correctly from that other nonfictional person that really existed and they all understood each other and if any one of these people could even spell the word university then it must be without question the truth. Especially if 4 or 5 of these numnuts got together and agreed. If you were looking for a rise you got one.

I was under the impression that this was not an obscure theory, and that others had heard of it. Apparently not the case.

u·ni·ver·si·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (yn-vûrs-t)
n. pl. u·ni·ver·si·ties
An institution for higher learning with teaching and research facilities constituting a graduate school and professional schools that award master's degrees and doctorates and an undergraduate division that awards bachelor's degrees.
The buildings and grounds of such an institution.
The body of students and faculty of such an institution