Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Classes for next semester

1. Oct 23, 2006 #1
    I am in Aerospace Engineering and I am about ready to schedule for classes next semester. I was thinking about taking Calc 3, Physics 1, Thermodynamics, Auto Cad, and probably something else. As I have been looking at this I am thinking it will be a tough semester. I might think about changing something around. I still have to take static’s too, but with that in there would be like having 5 math’s in one semester.
    I want to make sure I keep my GPA over a 3.0 and even raise it closer to 4.0 so I really don't want to take something Impossible to where I get ok grades instead of higher grades. any suggestions?

I have been taking calc 2 this semester and I heard that Calc 2 is the hardest out of the math’s from calc 1 to differential equations. Is this true?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 23, 2006 #2
    I thought Calc III was harder. It depends on your prof and your book. Assuming your book will not change throughout the calc series, it really will depend on your professor.

4. Oct 23, 2006 #3
    yeah I guess that is true. My calc prof this semester is only letting us use scientific calculators... which it has actually helped me with figuring out graphs better. I did here that a Dif Eq prof here at UB doesn’t let you use a calculator at all. I am going to have to talk to people here and see who is the best prof for calc III.

5. Nov 2, 2006 #4
    Don't you need any electives like social science or writing. If so, take one of those.

6. Nov 2, 2006 #5
    Well I did those already in my prior degree I was going for. I have enough social sciences I believe, and all my writing classes out of the way, so I just have all the fun ones left :u) I am going to head over to my advisor sometime next week. I got 2 tests tomorrow, Chem and American politics. I am ready for Chem but I hate American Politics lol. I think maybe I will take a Astronomy class if they have one, that would be fun :u) Thanks for the suggestions

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?