Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Clemson and UNC Charlotte. Opinions please?

1. May 14, 2005 #1
    I am interested in the Mechanical Engineering programs @ UNC Charlotte and Clemson, and would like to solicit some opinions on the ME department at both schools. Also does anyone know anything about the motorsports/automotive concentrations in these programs?

I am a 49 year old man undergoing one of those mid life course corrections and have some trepidation about getting accepted into a good program due to my age, but I hope that does not come about. I'll be transferring after my youngest gets out of HS here in scenic Kansas with an AAS. I'll have Calc I, II and III done as well as 2 semesters of calculus based physics, stats and linear eq. My GPA is well above 3.0. Anyone have any thoughts on over-age admission policies?
    Any replies will be appreciated.
  2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2005 #2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I cannot opine about your question. I have no idea.

The only thing I want to say something is about your signature. I had a physics teacher who always said in class:

"Do you have some questions about this?
    You know, there are no stupid questions, but there are stupid answers."

I will remind him forever. A great guy called Roberto. A great physicist.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?