Cock fires crossbow at neighbor

  • Thread starter Mk
  • Start date

Mk

1,963
3
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050524/ap_on_fe_st/crossbow_arrest [Broken]
Dana Lee Cockerman, 48, was charged Sunday with intimidation with a dangerous weapon. He fired a crossbow at his neighbor, because he was angry about his dog's death. :surprised

Cockerman was being held under $10,000 bond in the Johnson County jail. If convicted, he faces up to 10 years in prison.

10 years seems like a lot, unless the guy did somethinge else previously. The article says a 9 year old was nearby, but that could mean a lot of things.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Evo

Mentor
22,841
2,294
I thought this was going to be about a rooster. :grumpy:
 

brewnog

Science Advisor
Gold Member
2,701
7
Evo said:
I thought this was going to be about a rooster. :grumpy:
Yeah, right...
 

Integral

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,184
54
What is of interest about this that it deserves a thread?
 

Danger

Gold Member
9,564
244
brewnog said:
Yeah, right...
I thought it was another turtle thread.

Anyhow, if he fired it at the neighbour, why wasn't the charge 'attempted murder'?
 
Evo said:
I thought this was going to be about a rooster. :grumpy:
I was hoping it was about a rooster. So disappointed.
 

Mk

1,963
3
Integral said:
What is of interest about this that it deserves a thread?
I don't know, just an interesting tidbit?
 

Danger

Gold Member
9,564
244
franznietzsche said:
I was hoping it was about a rooster. So disappointed.
Forgive me if my BS filter glitches just a tad on that.
 
Danger said:
Forgive me if my BS filter glitches just a tad on that.
No really, cause then it would have been a hilarious story. 'Rooster fires crossbow at neighbor'. I would have probably sprayed my coke right out of my nose.
 

JamesU

Gold Member
732
3
I know in certain places in england you're allowed to shoot bow and arrows at scottsman on sundays.
 
yomamma said:
I know in certain places in england you're allowed to shoot bow and arrows at scottsman on sundays.
At the Irish too I'm sure. Damn english.
 

JamesU

Gold Member
732
3
Only scottish, as far as I know
 
yomamma said:
Only scottish, as far as I know
Oh its the English. Even if its not in the, law, its local custom. Damned English.
 

SOS2008

Gold Member
18
0
franznietzsche said:
No really, cause then it would have been a hilarious story. 'Rooster fires crossbow at neighbor'. I would have probably sprayed my coke right out of my nose.
Speaking of big, er, roosters, here's one you wouldn't want to cock fight with (crossbow not needed):

http://img168.echo.cx/img168/7285/texaschicken0bt.jpg

There is a resort near me with ponds in the golf course and the ducks are so large the first time I saw droppings I thought a cow had gotten loose! :eek:
 
franznietzsche said:
Oh its the English. Even if its not in the, law, its local custom. Damned English.
Oi!! It's a perfectly reasonable law, thank you very much.
 

Mk

1,963
3
Actually its as follows:

"In York, It Is Legal For People To Shoot At A Scotsman With A Bow And Arrow Discovered Out After Sunset."
 
icvotria said:
Oi!! It's a perfectly reasonable law, thank you very much.

To shoot the scottish or the the irish?
 
Mk said:
Actually its as follows:

"In York, It Is Legal For People To Shoot At A Scotsman With A Bow And Arrow Discovered Out After Sunset."
Is it the Scotsman out after sunset, or the bow?
 

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads

Top