Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Code for fluid dynamic in 3D written in Scilab

1. Nov 28, 2009 #1
    Hallo.

I am new at forum, could please somebody send me a code for fluid dynamic in 3D written in Scilab, mathematica or Fortran. I will use it to start with learning!b

Thaks,

JG

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2009 #2

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Re: cfd

I have no idea what you are asking here. Mathematical fluid dynamics includes a huge number of problems with a huge number of formulas and algorithms. Are you asking for someone to give you all of them in "Scilab, mathematica, or Fortran"?

4. Nov 28, 2009 #3

Hallo,

i would like to make a simulation of some non newton fluid in a single screw extrudor, what is known alkso as kneader. For solving the equations of motion btw navier stokes in cylindrical coordinates I must solve a set of pde EQUATIONS. i know those three programs, but I would like to get a sample how to solve a simple system and will in next step mirror it to my sysietm.

Can you send me some example?

Thanks JG

5. Nov 28, 2009 #4

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  6. Nov 30, 2009 #5

minger

Science Advisor

The problem is that you're asking for a simple example, or a sample code snippet, which does not exist. Even the most simplistic code could potentially involve dozens of modules and take a great deal of learning in order to understand what's actually happening.

In graduate school, we wrote a quasi-1D explicit solver (only 3 coupled equations, not 5), and it took the entirety of two semesters of class and programming.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook