Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 5,661
- 4,509
The "H 4B 5:03 PM" are the plant, packaging line, and time that particular bag was filled. (not necessarily in that order)jtbell said:I've seen expiration dates on a lot of food items, but this bag of potato chips has the first expiration time I've seen. Tick tick tick...
View attachment 359299
It is included so if their is a recall, the correct batch can be easily indentified in inventory, and also which packaging line to investigate.
DennisN
Gold Member
- 2,197
- 10,329
- 13,926
- 16,803
I recall an interview on the radio back in the 1980s with a lady, then in her nineties. Asked to what she attributed her long life, she replied "deciding not to sail on the Titanic".WWGD said:A friend asked what I would regret most if I died in my sleep. Probably going to bed that night.
Swamp Thing
- 1,076
- 844
I don't suppose I am the first person in the world to notice this "phenomenon", but it does say lame jokes in the thread title...
Last edited:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
- 16,110
- 8,519
I bet he'd like to vroom with her!berkeman said:
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,097
WWGD said:I took out the Swiss knife someone gifted me just to look at it in the elevator. I ended up with 5 wallets on me.
You operate on an entirely different plane than I.
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
I really do not recommend doing that on a plane.DaveC426913 said:You operate on an entirely different plane than I.
Admin
- 69,782
- 25,629
Same here. I realized that I had not put my 2.5 inch pocket knife in my checked luggage in my last self-patdown before the scanner (Duh), and handed it to the TSA agent with an apology. Note to self...gmax137 said:I inadvertently had my 25 year old Swiss army knife in my carryon bag. The Mexican airport police have it now![]()
- 19,385
- 15,622
I lost one that way years ago, not long after 9-11 but have not forgotten the rules since then. Very annoying, too, 'cause it was a really nice short-blade Buck pen knife.
Last edited:
Science Advisor
- 1,567
- 5,225
I miss the old days when we would board the plane with a complete electronic tool box filled with knives and just about every sharp tool imaginable. All they wanted to see was my field engineering business card. This security theater is getting old.phinds said:I lost one that way years ago, not long after 9-11 but have not forgotten the rules since then. Very annoying, too, 'cause it was a really nice short-blade Buck pen knife.
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
- 3,212
- 3,841
I remember carrying on a disc grinder with cutoff wheels, belt sander, and a 24 inch vernier caliper. On an overseas flight to Belgium. Must have been 1990s.nsaspook said:I miss the old days when we would board the plane with a complete electronic tool box filled with knives and just about every sharp tool imaginable. All they wanted to see was my field engineering business card. This security theater is getting old.
Klystron
Gold Member
- 1,264
- 1,980
nsaspook said:I miss the old days when we would board the plane with a complete electronic tool box filled with knives and just about every sharp tool imaginable. All they wanted to see was my field engineering business card. This security theater is getting old.
"Security theater" so true. How times have changed.gmax137 said:I remember carrying on a disc grinder with cutoff wheels, belt sander, and a 24 inch vernier caliper. On an overseas flight to Belgium. Must have been 1990s.
Flying into McCarran, now Harry Reid, airport back in the day.
Shared aircraft with several sale reps preparing for an annual international trade show at Las Vegas Expo Center. Most of their equipment had been shipped ahead but the Beretta, Mossberg and Benelli reps hand carried exemplars of their finest shotgun technology in beautifully crafted carrying cases.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8
