Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
You're going to hate yourself when you figure out how lame it actually is:
No em, as in " it does not include the letter 'm' ".
 
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: DaveC426913 and Klystron
Physics news on Phys.org
1743256756327.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Delta Prime, dextercioby, edwardII and 5 others
DaveC426913 said:
Still don't get it
Sorry, I realized the joke doesn't even seem to make sense.
 
jtbell said:
2. Make a long drawn-out version of this sound: "eeeeeeee..." (to use the European spelling). In the middle, while keeping your tongue in the same position, purse your lips (round them) like you do when saying "oo" as in "too" or "boo!": "eeeeeööööö..."
Can I make a suggestion.
Best place to this is on a packed bus or subway.
You should find out if you are doing it correctly from the reaction of fellow passengers.
 
jack action said:
Is it so hard to imagine a hero could be a female?

I mean, yes, the issue still exists, but it was probably way worse back in 1996.

Also brings this classic to mind:
1743264373423.jpeg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action, WWGD and Borg
A tribute band to Earth, Wind & Fire?
 
I was just reading a collection of anecdotes about rich people. Some of them have eccentric hobbies.

"I dated a girl in college. [...] Her dad had a barn full of mint vintage Porches."
 
A friend asked what I would regret most if I died in my sleep. Probably going to bed that night.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN and Klystron
nsaspook said:
[ nerding out]
Aside from the humor aspect, this image is very unusual.
  • It is highly compressed, with a 256-color palette, the checkerboard pixelation is a give-away.
  • The file itself is comparatively large: 463k (photographic images compress way better with JPG.)
  • It will not load into an editor - such as Photoshop - as a .png.
All of these things are indications that this more likely an animated gif that has been broken.

I have experienced this when I try to copy and animated gif from Google results. They break. What one must do (if one wants to show the animation) is - rather than copy-pasting the file - downloading/uploading the file.

[ /nerding out ]
 
DaveC426913 said:
[ nerding out]
Aside from the humor aspect, this image is very unusual.
  • It is highly compressed, with a 256-color palette, the checkerboard pixelation is a give-away.
  • The file itself is comparatively large: 463k (photographic images compress way better with JPG.)
  • It will not load into an editor - such as Photoshop - as a .png.
All of these things are indications that this more likely an animated gif that has been broken.

I have experienced this when I try to copy and animated gif from Google results. They break. What one must do (if one wants to show the animation) is - rather than copy-pasting the file - downloading/uploading the file.

[ /nerding out ]
IDK about animation but do you think the person sleeping beneath the statue has been 'photoshoped' to resemble Arnold?

I missed the joke. Aside from resemblance, does this montage imply that Schwarzenegger is a has-been? Politically outdoors?
 
I've seen expiration dates on a lot of food items, but this bag of potato chips has the first expiration time I've seen. Tick tick tick...

IMG_1141.jpeg
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and BillTre
Klystron said:
IDK about animation but do you think the person sleeping beneath the statue has been 'photoshoped' to resemble Arnold?

I missed the joke. Aside from resemblance, does this montage imply that Schwarzenegger is a has-been? Politically outdoors?
Not a has been. He recently starred in "Omelette: 2B or not 2B".
 
Klystron said:
IDK about animation but do you think the person sleeping beneath the statue has been 'photoshoped' to resemble Arnold?

I missed the joke. Aside from resemblance, does this montage imply that Schwarzenegger is a has-been? Politically outdoors?
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/schwarzenegger-hotel-statue/

1743444842595.png

In reality, the photograph (which is legitimate) was taken in January 2016, while the Hollywood star was shooting a film in Columbus, Ohio. Schwarzenegger posted it to his Instagram account on 15 January 2016, apparently as a joke:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, BillTre and WWGD
Klystron said:
IDK about animation but do you think the person sleeping beneath the statue has been 'photoshoped' to resemble Arnold?
The whole sleeping person is 'shopped in. The lighting and colour saturation or foreground and background don't match at all. Not to mention the scale discrepancy.

But that's not a knock against it or its laugh-quotient. Memes are not supposed to pretend to be real.

In fact, in many memes, the obvious fakeness is, itself, integral to the message and humour:
1743446564066.png


Klystron said:
I missed the joke. Aside from resemblance, does this montage imply that Schwarzenegger is a has-been? Politically outdoors?
Dunno, actually.
 
DaveC426913 said:
The whole sleeping person is 'shopped in. The lighting and colour saturation or foreground and background don't match at all. Not to mention the scale discrepancy.

But that's not a knock against it or its laugh-quotient. Memes are not supposed to pretend to be real. In fact, the obvious fakeness is, itself, integral to the message and humour.


Dunno, actually.
No. The photo is real. (Yes, I posted a very bad copy of it) It was made as a joke and posted in here as a joke.

https://www.eonline.com/news/731743...t-to-a-statue-of-his-bodybuilder-self-in-ohio
 
Last edited:
nsaspook said:
No. The photo is real. (Yes, I post a very bad copy of it) It was made as a joke and posted in here as a joke.

https://www.eonline.com/news/731743...t-to-a-statue-of-his-bodybuilder-self-in-ohio
Wow. That is funny, actually being Arnold. In one of his first films about a bodybuilding competition, Schwarzenegger pretended to sleep.

Edit 20250331: The documentary was released in 1977 as "Pumping Iron". Arnold acts naturally humorous, pretending to nap with a smaller contestant to psyche him out. Fans of "The Hulk" TV series can see and hear contestant Lou Ferrigno wearing hearing aids off-stage and talking unaided as a deaf person.
 
Last edited: