Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
jtbell said:
That fits with what I had figured, since Swedish 'fart' is obviously cognate to the German noun 'Fahrt', from the verb 'fahren' "to go (by vehicle)".

But the cross-language pun with the English 'fart' was too tempting to pass up.

I believe Swedes often are aware of the existence of the cross-language pun.

There is a funny saying I've heard sometimes, which also is based on the pun. It's a rewrite of another saying, and the original saying goes something like this:

"It's not the car that kills, it's the speed." (or something like that)

And the rewritten one goes like this:

"It's not the fart that kills, it's the smell."

:smile:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Charlie Brown finally does it!
(with a bit of help from a friend)

IMG_1797.webp
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII, DennisN and BillTre
DennisN said:
I believe Swedes often are aware of the existence of the cross-language pun.

There is a funny saying I've heard sometimes, which also is based on the pun. It's a rewrite of another saying, and the original saying goes something like this:

"It's not the car that kills, it's the speed." (or something like that)

And the rewritten one goes like this:

"It's not the fart that kills, it's the smell."

:smile:
It's not the fall that kills; it's the sudden stop at the end.
 
Pablo Picasso was robbed. Based on his description of the suspect, police have brought in three one-eyed women and a sewing machine for questioning.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and DennisN