Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
As a physicist, I find myself working with engineers quite often. I used to have a hard time until I figured out what we have in common. We both wish we were physicists."
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Jodo said:
What is blue and smells like red paint?

Red paint moving very fast towards you.
Think I've told this one before, but a friend claims to have seen a bumper sticker in the carpark at CERN that said

If this sticker appears blue you are driving too fast

Edit: knew I'd posted it before.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur, Wrichik Basu and BillTre
Einstein shouting out of a train window to a railroad worker:
”Excuse me, young man! Does Hamburg stop at this train?”
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu, strangerep, jack action and 2 others
BillTre said:
I actually tried this starting a couple of years ago, by resuming my teenage interest in chess. In the first tournament I attempted, my heart nearly gave out from the stress. :cry:

It seems I can't win (in life nor at chess).
 
Jodo said:
As a physicist, I find myself working with engineers quite often. I used to have a hard time until I figured out what we have in common. We both wish we were physicists."
Experimental or theoretical?

Istm that theoretical engineering overlaps quite a bit with theoretical physics.
 
Where the precise mathematics and joules of physics, interface with the $ of economics, and the compromises of commerce, you will find an isolation transformer. That victim, abused from both sides, is called an engineer.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Tom.G and Wrichik Basu
_nc_ohc=JE1qG-0EhooAX-d05AM&_nc_ht=scontent-ham3-1.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, pinball1970 and Jodo
Utah's Great Salt Lake has been shrinking so much, I hear it's going to be renamed the Great Salt Lick.
 
God was talking to Adam when Adam noticed a guy off in the distance and asked God who that was. God said, ah that's Keith Richards. He was here when I got here.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Orodruin, Ibix, strangerep and 6 others
There are 3 kinds of people -- those who can count and those who can't.
________________

There are 10 kinds of people -- those who understand binary and those who don't.
_______________

There are II kinds of people -- those who understand roman numerals and those who don't.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu, Ibix, DennisN and 1 other person
I believe that is actually an early 4G version. The easiest way to identify the difference is to note that the chemtrails from the latest 5G systems, are now made invisible by the addition of fluoride.
 
  • Haha
  • Informative
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Wrichik Basu, pinball1970 and 1 other person
From an earlier post with a similar theme, I believe they don't actually fly but are carried by swarms of murder hornets.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, pinball1970 and BillTre
Ibix said:
carried by swarms of murder hornets.
… genetically modified of course.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Ibix, pinball1970 and 1 other person
phinds said:
This reminded me of a very funny page I found when I was searching the net for "most hated fonts". There are some hilarious quotes on that page:

https://www.prepressure.com/fonts/interesting/most-hated

e.g.

Comic Sans: “It’s not that it’s a terrible font – it’s rather that it suits non-designers far better than those with a sense of the aesthetic would like.”

Arial: "If you’re working in a medium where you’re not restricted to certain fonts, and you’re considering using Arial – don’t.”

Times New Roman: "I cannot look at Times New Roman without automatically assuming that it is a placeholder font, waiting to be replaced by something appropriate for the text.“

Brush Script: "Brush Script is a useful tool for identifying morons. It is the typeface equivalent of the backward-worn baseball cap.”

:biggrin:
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and berkeman
DennisN said:
This reminded of a very funny page I found when I was searching the net for "most hated fonts". There are some hilarious quotes on that page:

https://www.prepressure.com/fonts/interesting/most-hated

e.g.

Comic Sans: “It’s not that it’s a terrible font – it’s rather that it suits non-designers far better than those with a sense of the aesthetic would like.”

Arial: "If you’re working in a medium where you’re not restricted to certain fonts, and you’re considering using Arial – don’t.”

Times New Roman: "I cannot look at Times New Roman without automatically assuming that it is a placeholder font, waiting to be replaced by something appropriate for the text.“

Brush Script: "Brush Script is a useful tool for identifying morons. It is the typeface equivalent of the backward-worn baseball cap.”

:biggrin:
It's so weird the things that get under one's skin.

Comic sans. Anyone over the age of 12 who uses it is either childish, stupid or thinks they are funny when everyone just thinks they are annoying.

I DO use Arial though, 11. It's innocuous enough. What am I missing?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu, DennisN and fresh_42
pinball1970 said:
I DO use Arial though, 11. It's innocuous enough. What am I missing?
I won't argue with you. I still like Arial myself.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu and pinball1970
pinball1970 said:
Comic sans. Anyone over the age of 12 who uses it is either childish, stupid or thinks they are funny when everyone just thinks they are annoying.
How rude.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: mathwonk, phinds and Bystander
Bandersnatch said:
How rude.
Do you have different experience? If you have a positive experience then please share.
EDIT. This is a font we are discussing, kind of tongue in cheek. I probably have friends who use Comic sans. Fine people, educated, professional. Just at weekends though possibly. Not a regular thing. Can stop any time.
 
Font style does matter.

megaflicks.jpg
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Jodo, BillTre and 2 others