Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
The truth of that report should mean that eagle and flamingo are same species. (#22800)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
IMG_1455.webp
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII and BillTre
In Denmark we have special sections of the hospital reserved for special people. At least that’s what I thought seeing this:

639D6589-8EDF-42FF-8BBA-F172DF308723.webp


EDIT: Funny though, I’ve never seen anyone exit from there.

I’m JOKING!

EDIT: and I hope I didn’t already make this “joke”, as it can hardly be funny even once. I searched though. Also this *is* the lame jokes thread.
 
Last edited:
sbrothy said:
Hah! :woot:

What is it about moose that make them funny across public entertainment?

EDIT: I mean it's a large smelly to the point of putrid, dirty, bad-tempered, territorial animal.
Those of us of a certain generation were taught that they were harmless (if subtly subversive) doofuses that tended to befriend flying squirrels.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and sbrothy
Here's how some dance students earn money to pay tuiuion:

IMG_1457.webp


"Okay, great! Hold that pose until we finish this project."
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD, BillTre and sbrothy
sandy stone said:
Those of us of a certain generation were taught that they were harmless (if subtly subversive) doofuses that tended to befriend flying squirrels.
“Harmless”? Say that after having faced a mildly annoyed one!

:woot:
 
sbrothy said:
“Harmless”? Say that after having faced a mildly annoyed one!

:woot:
Now a tapir! That’s a funny animal!

At the zoo at age 11 I saw one make full (and I mean as in explosive fire-hose-like) use of it’s cloacae! From that moment it’s been my favorite animal! :woot:

“Mum! I want one of those!”
 
Last edited:
20230104_000938.webp
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Filip Larsen, collinsmark, BillTre and 1 other person
sbrothy said:
Now a tapir! That’s a funny animal!

At the zoo at age 11 I saw one make full (and I mean as in explosive fire-hose-like) use of it’s cloacae! From that moment it’s been my favorite animal! :woot:

“Mum! I want one of those!”

Speaking of funny animals. Tardigrades score high too. They look like vacuum cleaner bags with 8 legs:

tardigrade.webp
 
  • Agree
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Bystander and BillTre
sbrothy said:
Speaking of funny animals. Tardigrades score high too. They look like vacuum cleaner bags with 8 legs:

View attachment 365223

Although his mum may not be so pretty:

tardigrade2.webp
 
While I only partially understand those posted instructions at that golf club, the manner of indentation for the ten points is unexpected.

So the instructions imply that one who is reasonably skilled at handling certain personal business at a urinal may also be skilled at golf.
 
A nightingale was flying over the Siberian tundra and singing. Higher and higher it flew until suddenly it froze and fell to the ground. A bear passed by and took a dump on it. Warmed by the scat it came to and promply started singing again. This attracted the attention of a wild cat which dug it out and ate it!

Now there are 4 morales to this story.

1.)
Obviously don’t fly higher than your wings will carry (or something, obviously something was lost in translation), and what goes up must come down!

2.)
Not everyone dumping on you is an enemy.

3.)
Not everyone pulling you out of the s… is a friend.

And finally:

4.)
Don’t sing while you’re burrowed in s…!

:woot:
 
Last edited:
WWGD said:
Those conmen just keep getting more and more savvy. Obviously he’s wasting his talents. He should be part of an Ocean’s Eleven crew!
 
sbrothy said:
Those conmen just keep getting more and more savvy. Obviously he’s wasting his talents. He should be part of an Ocean’s Eleven crew!
Not a very effective way of getting laundry done.
 
Ibix said:
Can I ask what the German translates to? My best attempt is something like "the shiny ones", which I guess is something you might say when buying shoes.

Die in hell = Those in bright = Those in a bright colour.

Those and 'die' isn't literal translation. We use the definite article 'die' as an abbreviation for 'these' (='diese') or 'those' (='jene') in this case. The reference of a definite article to a certain object is way stronger than the English word 'the'. In English, you have to say 'the one(s)', or 'these' (which would be too strong since we refer only to the kind of shoes, not the specific pair), or 'those' (which is better suited for 'kind of shoe').
 
Last edited:
fresh_42 said:
Die in hell = Those in bright = Those in a bright colour.
Wasn't there a famous one that read " die baby, die"?
 
A classic ( or maybe stale). US kids can be rough . German children are kinder.
 
WWGD said:
Wasn't there a famous one that read " die baby, die"?
I remember that our English teacher told us how he was perplexed when his neighbor, while riding on a bus in London, said to him: "What a nice 'die' 'to die'!"

(Pre-Klingon era)
 
fresh_42 said:
I remember that our English teacher told us how he was perplexed when his neighbor, while riding on a bus in London, said to him: "What a nice 'die' 'to die'!"

(Pre-Klingon era)
Or nice ' dye'?
 
WWGD said:
Not a very effective way of getting laundry done.
Touche!

(Can’t find the umlaut key on this old phone.)
 
sbrothy said:
Touche!

(Can’t find the umlaut key on this old phone.)
Crack some eggs to make the umlaut.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Ivan Seeking
WWGD said:
Crack some eggs to make the umlaut.
This is the second time you tell me this no? Perhaps something is lost in translation or I'm just too dense. I'm afraid I need it explained... :frown:

EDIT: Also, it really is an apostrophe I'm missing isn't it?

EDIT3: Some diacritic anyway.

EDIT4: Acute accent.