Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 20,819
- 28,467
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,800
- 2,203
You did send something privately. I did not know what it was a response to, so I made no response to it. Maybe, try again?sbrothy said:EDIT4: I don't think the name-link works in the quotes so, I'm pulling it out so @symbolipoint gets a notice:
"I deleted this because what I wrote looked like I thought @symbolipoint was some kind of slow person. I have no idea what I was thinking and I profusely apologize."
-------------------------------------------
What a nice place this is. Several people helping instantly!
EDIT: ok that didn’t make much sense. I misread senders
EDIT2: and I’m talking about something Else entirely. Sorry !!!
EDIT3: I really wish I was drunk or on drugs. That would help explain my scatterbrain-Ness. Alas.
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
It was basically just an apology for the post I made here. Now I deleted it it no longer makes any sense. Please just ignore it.symbolipoint said:You did send something privately. I did not know what it was a response to, so I made no response to it. Maybe, try again?
EDIT: And thanks for being a sport about it. I was really scatterbrained there for a minute. Not even intoxicated, just confused.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,097
Back in about 1980, my science teacher gave a bonus question on a quiz. The solution was:BillTre said:
Space is big
Space is dark
It's hard to find
A place to park.
We all looked at him blankly, and he said "You know? Burma Shave?" We continued to look at him blankly.
That'e my entire experience with Burma Shave signs. But I've never forgotten it.
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
I’ve read about that but forgotten it.DaveC426913 said:Back in about 1980, my science teacher gave a bonus question on a quiz. The solution was:
Space is big
Space is dark
It's hard to find
A place to park.
We all looked at him blankly, and he said "You know? Burma Shave?" We continued to look at him blankly.
That'e my entire experience with Burma Shave signs. But I've never forgotten it.
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
The thing about the Burma shave ads. There was something funny or tropey hidden there. I can find it but I lazily expected you to do it for me.WWGD said:The common absurd follow up question: Forgotten what?
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Advertising/BurmaShavesbrothy said:The thing about the Burma shave ads. There was something funny or tropey hidden there. I can find it but I lazily expected you to do it for me.![]()
EDIT: this is what I meant.
Last edited:
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
Well we’re talking the roaring twenties so I guess that’s no so strange.WWGD said:Don't even remember the ad, sorry.
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
sbrothy and his antics
are a little depraved.
But there’s a quick fix:
A Burma-Shave.

EDIT: man that was bad. Sorry.
are a little depraved.
But there’s a quick fix:
A Burma-Shave.

EDIT: man that was bad. Sorry.
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
Perhaps a little tasteless. Then again who am I to speak? Dark humor indeed!WWGD said:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 8,252
- 2,666
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 8,252
- 2,666
This is so dark that at first I laughed, and then I felt guilty for laughing. So I quickly saved it.sbrothy said:Perhaps a little tasteless. Then again who am I to speak? Dark humor indeed!![]()

It seems you have to click on the upper right corner for the pop out. It takes about six seconds to start once you hit play
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
Ivan Seeking said:This is so dark that at first I laughed, and then I felt guilty for laughing. So I quickly saved it.
It seems you have to click on the upper right corner for the pop out. It takes about six seconds to start once you hit play
Doesn't start at all here. But that's OK. It will eventually and I can wait feeling guilty!
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
OK there it came! Chigago's own indeed! Ouch. :Psbrothy said:Doesn't start at all here. But that's OK. It will eventually and I can wait feeling guilty!![]()
- 19,385
- 15,622
my all time favorite from the height of the space race.DaveC426913 said:Space is big
Space is dark
It's hard to find
A place to park.
before you race
for outer space,
take a look
at your face
BURMA SHAVE !
- 19,385
- 15,622
Oh, you youngsters !WWGD said:Don't even remember the ad, sorry.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 8,252
- 2,666
Regarding her joke, she does look like she could be....sbrothy said:OK there it came! Chigago's own indeed! Ouch. :P
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8