Collection of Science Jokes P2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4,104 replies · 526K views
Physics news on Phys.org
jbriggs444 said:
MJD 60309
Too long, couldn't memorize.
Just look at the newspaper or computer screen, it's easier. :doh:
 
From Facebook today; I thought about posting in Lame Jokes, but this is really a science joke... :smile:

1704156523265.png
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Swamp Thing, phinds and 2 others
Science jokes are often misplaced in the lame joke bin.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42 and berkeman
Some may consider math and computer jokes as subsets of science (kind of like STEM).
In that case, I consider the more specific place to put them to be the better one (like test answers).
I think there are two threads on computer or information joke. Confusion is rampant!
 
I would have posted this as a joke, if ...

_nc_ohc=zzxFAiYomh8AX9li1v_&_nc_ht=scontent-fra3-2.jpg


... it wasn't so wrong. So let's make it a quiz:

Who can find the error?
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN and BillTre
fresh_42 said:
I would have posted this as a joke, if ...

View attachment 338031

... it wasn't so wrong. So let's make it a quiz:

Who can find the error?
1744? By which time Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit had been dead for nearly a decade?
 
jbriggs444 said:
1744? By which time Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit had been dead for nearly a decade?
Very good! Two more mistakes, but still not the one I was thinking of.
 
fresh_42 said:
Very good! Two more mistakes, but still not the one I was thinking of.
The Fahrenheit scale was not refined to its modern definition until 1776?
Or the reversal of the Celsius scale in 1743?
 
jbriggs444 said:
The Fahrenheit scale was not refined to its modern definition until 1776?
Or the reversal of the Celsius scale in 1743?
The latter, yes.
However, unlike the modern Celsius scale, Celsius assigned a value of 0 °C to the boiling point of water and a value of 100 °C to the freezing point. The modern Celsius scale, in which the boiling point of water is assigned the value 100 °C and the freezing point is assigned the value 0 °C, was introduced by Carl von Linné, a friend of Celsius, shortly after his death in 1744.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: dextercioby and jbriggs444
What is it with the USA using Fahrenheit, where a temperature of 100 is defined, as that inside a cow.
 
jack action said:
Also, he was 42, not 43 at his death.
Numerically however, the math works out that way; Zero-based versus One-based.
 
Baluncore said:
What is it with the USA using Fahrenheit, where a temperature of 100 is defined, as that inside a cow.
What if the cow has fever?
 
Baluncore said:
I believe that book was peer-reviewed, but not by scientists.
But if it was given by God … who was the peer? 🤔