Collection of Science Jokes P2

In summary: Usually it's been commentated as being 'real'. Actually the joke dates back to the 30's and whether it's real or not cannot be said anymore.
  • #1,401
Feynman's answer works as well:
It can produce some interesting results, but that's not why we do it.

Likes jack action
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,402
What is the difference between a auto mechanic and a quantum mechanic?
A quantum mechanic can get his car into the garage without opening the door.

• Haha
Likes davenn, ali PMPAINT, DrClaude and 4 others
  • #1,403
Operative word "can". The probability of that happening is very low indeed :D

• #1,404
fresh_42 said:
With a quantum mechanic, you take your car in and it's random whether it gets fixed and how much you are charged. Whereas with an auto mechanic... no, wait a minute...

• Haha
Likes nsaspook, WWGD, DrClaude and 9 others
  • #1,405
fresh_42 said:
Why are auto mechanics like actors?

They often have to wait to get the parts

Likes nsaspook, WWGD, davenn and 2 others
  • #1,406
1572107960412.png

Last edited:
  • Skeptical
  • Haha
Likes DennisN, davenn, ali PMPAINT and 5 others
  • #1,408
ef90mwi3RfMZ9IboIiH15NUNXo&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg

• Haha
Likes WWGD, DennisN, Monsterboy and 6 others
  • #1,410
OP: Did humans invent math or did we discover it? Does math even exist?

Reply: Listen, all we were trying to do was keep track of some sheep and then differential calculus happened.

• Haha
Likes DennisN, ali PMPAINT, Monsterboy and 4 others
  • #1,411
jack action said:
OP: Did humans invent math or did we discover it? Does math even exist?

Reply: Listen, all we were trying to do was keep track of some sheep and then differential calculus happened.
Approximation was discovered when rounding up sheep.

• Haha
Likes DennisN, ali PMPAINT, Monsterboy and 4 others
  • #1,412

Likes DrClaude, Bystander, jack action and 1 other person
  • #1,413
Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 6.09.37 PM.png

Likes DennisN, Bystander, collinsmark and 2 others
  • #1,414
Who needs clocks that don't adjust themselves?
Also, who needs non-DST?

• #1,415
Likes WWGD
  • #1,416
(Science? Well it could be... a bit... computer science, if I stretch it :smile:)

Windows Phone.jpg

Likes WWGD and Wrichik Basu
  • #1,417
Four students go to the washroom at the same time, lining up at the stand-up facilities.

The medical student finishes first and walks to the sink and begins thoroughly washing his hands. He explains that doctors need very clean hands.

The physics student walks out without going near the sink. He explains that physicists do not urinate on their hands.

The engineer also breezes out, explaining that engineers do not need clean hands.

The arts student is still standing at the urinal, looking at the chrome fixture and saying "Shiny!"

• Haha
Likes davenn
  • #1,418
Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 6.53.02 AM.png

Likes DrClaude, davenn and DennisN
  • #1,420
More on the Windows Phone and its lack of success:

2.png

1.jpg

And then some jokes about the durability of Nokia 3310:

Nokia1a.jpg

Nokia1b.jpg

Nokia3.jpg

Nokia4.jpg

Nokia5.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Likes ali PMPAINT, DrClaude, Wrichik Basu and 4 others
  • #1,421
Speaking of Nokia phones, my current (and only) cell phone is a Nokia 3285 that I bought in about 2002. I just replaced the battery for the first time about a year ago. At my usual usage rate, I charge the phone about three times a year, whether it needs it or not.

• Haha
Likes ali PMPAINT and DennisN
  • #1,422
Likes jack action and collinsmark
  • #1,423
Mark44 said:
Speaking of Nokia phones, my current (and only) cell phone is a Nokia 3285 that I bought in about 2002. I just replaced the battery for the first time about a year ago. At my usual usage rate, I charge the phone about three times a year, whether it needs it or not.

Oh, my. But that cats! think of the cats!

(True story: The music in that video was inspired by a dream that @OmCheeto had where he met @Borek in a pet fish shop.)

Seriously though, I tried to make Fish Sim for Cats compatible with Windows phones [and Windows tablets]. I did my due diligence and gave it a good try. It did not go well. I gave up in the end.

Fish Sim for Cats is a high quality fish simulator for cats! Available for free, without ads, on Apple IOS (App Store), Android (Google Play Store), and Amazon (Apps and Games).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Likes Borg, OmCheeto, WWGD and 1 other person
  • #1,424
collinsmark said:
Seriously though, I tried to make Fish Sim for Cats compatible with Windows phones. I did my due diligence and gave it a good try. It did not go well. I gave up in the end.
You did a Fish Sim for Android? Ok, I'm going to install it on my Android TV box which is connected to my TV and see how my cat responds to it. If something interesting happens, I will try to film it and post it in the Kitten lovers thread. :smile:

Likes collinsmark
  • #1,425
DennisN said:
You did a Fish Sim for Android? Ok, I'm going to install it on my Android TV box which is connected to my TV and see how my cat responds to it. If something interesting happens, I will try to film it and post it in the Kitten lovers thread. :smile:
I didn't make it officially compatible with Android TV. :frown: For now it's just phones and tablets. It would probably work, but I don't have a platform to test it on.

[Edit: the app requires touch-screen and orientation sensor capabilities. I'm not certain, but I don't think all Android TVs have a built in orientation sensor, so it probably won't work on those.]

Last edited:
  • #1,426
collinsmark said:
I didn't make it officially compatible with Android TV. :frown: For now it's just phones and tablets. It would probably work, but I don't have a platform to test it on.
I will let you know when I've tested it. But I also remembered that the last time I used the Android box (which is a https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_555832.html, which was remarkably good considering the low price) it got stuck in a "boot loop" after I installed some new, maybe too system intrusive, software. So I may have to reinstall the firmware on it which I've done before with updated firmware from the vendor.

Likes collinsmark
  • #1,427
collinsmark said:
Oh, my. But that cats! think of the cats!

(True story: The music in that video was inspired by a dream that @OmCheeto had where he met @Borek in a pet fish shop.)

Seriously though, I tried to make Fish Sim for Cats compatible with Windows phones [and Windows tablets]. I did my due diligence and gave it a good try. It did not go well. I gave up in the end.

Fish Sim for Cats is a high quality fish simulator for cats! Available for free, without ads, on Apple IOS (App Store), Android (Google Play Store), and Amazon (Apps and Games).
already been done

• #1,428
Just don't use it too often. Hunting without ever catching anything can be frustrating for the cat.

Likes DennisN
  • #1,429
I had a scary joke about math but I'm 2² to tell it.

Likes 256bits and Bystander
  • #1,430
Anyone want to figure out the password? 😄
74907690_2315093398802111_734031317003403264_n.jpg

Likes WWGD, collinsmark, Wrichik Basu and 2 others
  • #1,431
Greg Bernhardt said:
Anyone want to figure out the password? 😄
##\pi##
Unfortunately, the 11th digit is a 6, so you need to guess if you should round up the 10th or not.

Likes WWGD and Keith_McClary
  • #1,432
Ibix said:
##\pi##
Unfortunately, the 11th digit is a 6, so you need to guess if you should round up the 10th or not.
How mean. Most people will need internet to look it up to get 10 digits, so they will run around in circles, as for the internet access they need internet. And although the password is also kind of circular, it isn't cyclic. Mean. And the 11th digit is a 5.

• Haha
Likes nuuskur, Ibix and Greg Bernhardt
  • #1,433
fresh_42 said:
How mean. Most people will need internet to look it up to get 10 digits, so they will run around in circles, as for the internet access they need internet. And although the password is also kind of circular, it isn't cyclic. Mean.
Maybe they could order a fruit tart or something while they think about it.

• Haha
Likes Greg Bernhardt
  • #1,434
Ibix said:
Maybe they could order a fruit tart or something while they think about it.
I guess this password was the reason why Archimedes, Euler, Leibniz, Wallis, and so many more tried to find a representation. They all must have been customers of this shop.

Likes ali PMPAINT
  • #1,435
fresh_42 said:
I guess this password was the reason why Archimedes, Euler, Leibniz, Wallis, and so many more tried to find a representation. They all must have been customers of this shop.
Sounds plausible. You'd have to wonder who the proprietor was, though.