Collection of Science Jokes P2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4,104 replies · 526K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Ibix said:
Beer contains CO2? We'd better drink it all before it contributes to climate change...
The original joke was sharper, but I was unsecure how much black humor is allowed on PF.
 
Coincidence?
Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 10.47.25 AM.png

Prometheoarchaeum syntrophicum
vs.
Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 10.48.32 AM.png

Flying Spaghetti Monster

Random Similarity or Something Deeper?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, strangerep and Ibix
Ibix said:
Beer contains CO2? We'd better drink it all before it contributes to climate change...
Humano-gastric sequestration of CO2.

But only for an hour at a time...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Steelwolf, Ibix, Klystron and 1 other person
Excellent 3 minute geo-engineering video:

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2019/0...olve-climate-change-totally-****-over-planet/
(You will have to undo PF's family friendlyfication of the URL.)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 256bits and Steelwolf
Keith_McClary said:
(You will have to undo PF's family friendlyfication of the URL.)
Yeah
I tried XXX 'ng out the words "climate change. Didn't work.
Tried replacing the **** with *0*0*0 - which is really family lovey dovey friendly - didn't work either.

solution finale - brute force URL.
Nice video.
 
jack action said:
Pi day is just a fake holiday created by math companies to sell more math.
Unfortunately it appears to have resulted in a multiplicative increase in sales from zero.

The cynic in me wonders how long it'll be before Hallmark (or whoever) start selling circular cards with a picture of a pie on them saying happy "pie" day...
 
I'm going to petition for a holiday to commemorate the day Pi finally got its commemorative day.
 
And before we drift off the topic of recursion, I'm going to seize the rare opportunity to post my artistic tribute to Douglas Hofstadter:

Hofstadters-Law.png
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: atyy, DennisN, collinsmark and 1 other person
DaveC426913 said:
I'm going to petition for a holiday to commemorate the day Pi finally got its commemorative day.
I like this plan, especially taken to the obvious extreme.
 
Ibix said:
I like this plan, especially taken to the obvious extreme.
As long as nobody starts a recursion thread. :nb)
 
Borg said:
As long as nobody starts a recursion thread. :nb)
I think I did once do a joke on recursion, citing the same post as a source.

Edit: here.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu, DennisN, DaveC426913 and 2 others
Ibix said:
I think I did once do a joke on recursion, citing the same post as a source.

Edit: here.
Please do not. Recursion makes my head hurt. Makes my head hurt. Head Hurt. Hurt...
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN and Ibix
Klystron said:
Please do not. Recursion makes my head hurt. Makes my head hurt. Head Hurt. Hurt...
The good thing about headaches caused by recursion is that there's a rather elegant way to clear them up using just one analgesic...
 
Ibix said:
The good thing about headaches caused by recursion is that there's a rather elegant way to clear them up using just one analgesic...
You mean something like: if nLoopCount > 1,000,000 then throw exception ASA?
 
"It's like déjà vu all over again."
- Yogi Berra
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Klystron and jack action
Computer enhanced:
1566918946671.png
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, nuuskur and Klystron