Collection of Science Jokes P2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4,104 replies · 526K views
1569509882511.png
 
Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: davenn and DennisN
Physics news on Phys.org
Another Example of Cartoon Physics:
Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 3.21.41 PM.png
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary, DrClaude, davenn and 1 other person
In the interest of scientific accuracy, I must point out that flying fish definitely do fly, or at least glide for extended distances, as can be seen in any number of Youtube videos. Thank you, I feel better now.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary and BillTre
DennisN said:
<snip>
Which drink is the most popular among astronauts?

That's easy. Any kid from the 1960's knows Astronauts prefer:
Tang!

But what do Cosmonauts drink?
Tang flavoured Vodka
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN and BillTre
Why was Tesla marvelling at his greatness upon comparison with Carl Friedrich Gauss?
Because 1 Tesla = 10,000 Gauss.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, Klystron, mfb and 2 others
Why was Tesla superior to Wilhelm Weber?
Because every weber per square metre corresponded to a Tesla.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, nuuskur and Ibix
Similarly: Fermat, Newton and Pascal play hide and seek. It is Fermat's turn to search the others, he covers his eyes and starts counting. While Pascal runs away and hides, Newton takes some chalk and marks a square on the ground with a side length of exactly 1 meter, then sits down inside the square.

Fermat finishes counting, opens his eyes and shouts "I found you Newton!"
Newton: "No, you found one Newton per square meter, you found Pascal!"
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: ali PMPAINT, kith, Keith_McClary and 7 others
If we cut a cake into 3 pieces, each piece will be 0.333 of the main piece.

If we multiply 0.333 times 3, we get 0.999.

So what happened to the 0.001?!

You will find it on the knife.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: ali PMPAINT, Demystifier, Wrichik Basu and 4 others
fresh_42 said:
BOFH
Article said:
"I need more space" he says
"Well, why not move to Texas?" I ask
😄
 
Scientists figured out that birthdays are extremely healthy. With a 3 sigma confidence they have shown that people with more birthdays tend to live longer.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier, davenn, jack action and 5 others
fresh_42 said:
Scientists figured out that birthdays are extremely healthy. With a 3 sigma confidence they have shown that people with more birthdays tend to live longer.
Correlation does not imply causation.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, Keith_McClary, BillTre and 1 other person
fresh_42 said:
Scientists figured out that birthdays are extremely healthy. With a 3 sigma confidence they have shown that people with more birthdays tend to live longer.
Most of the outliers were born on February 29.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 256bits, DrGreg, Borg and 2 others
I make no bones about the fact that I met my girlfriend at the Museum of Paleontology.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD, Vanadium 50, DennisN and 4 others
DennisN said:
PEBKAC

A friend of a friend works in Tech Support. The phone rang one day - "Hi, it's John from Accounts. I've got a problem with my computer. I rang Dave (edit: the other support guy) who said I had an ID ten T error, and you'd know what that meant and how to fix it." He had to go on hold for a bit, then think of a face-saving way out of the situation.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary, DennisN and Craftek_Ana