Collection of Science Jokes P2

fresh_42

Mentor
Insights Author
2018 Award
Objection. If you want to publish ##1+1=2## the very least you should do is to specify what it means. It is an equation which isn't automatically true, hence it is not true at all, hence however you write the rest, it is based on a wrong statement. Your paper will be rejected, and for the right reasons!

Steelwolf

Gold Member
On the Biological side, while I was a Sword Maker, I figured out how to breed sheep to make steel wool: You have to take a Lincolnshire Dam and mate her with a Dodge Ram!

Of course, this joke came about after (true story) I called a company for some buffing compound to be delivered to Steelwolf Armourie (the old sword-making business name from 20 yrs ago)...well, I got the package and it was addressed to Steel Wool Farmery...so I can imagine that the folks at the buffing compound place were scratching Their heads just a lil bit. A friend also drew up a cartoon that was on my shop wall for years, it showed he and I leaning against a fence looking out over a whole flock of Black Sheep and he is saying, "Ya know, it's a fine idea; I just hope it don't rain!"

vwoo8tzzhh631.png

This study shows that the age of the participants is strongly correlated with the age of the participants. We suggest follow-up studies with larger groups to study this surprising effect in more detail.

This is from an actual publication (the image, not the text).

DaveC426913

Gold Member
View attachment 245661

This is from an actual publication (the image, not the text).
OMG, and not a joke either.

Question: is there any significance to the horizontal distribution within each group? Or is that arbitrary?
(eg. why is the very leftmost dot in <40 so far left? There's plenty of room for it nearer the centre.)

Ibix

Science Advisor
Insights Author
They mean one of the model globes you can put on a desk. All Flat Earth meetings have one. It's called Globestein, and they sit all around it and give it the two minutes' hate.

Last edited: