Collection of Science Jokes P2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4,104 replies · 526K views
jack action said:
OP: Did humans invent math or did we discover it? Does math even exist?

Reply: Listen, all we were trying to do was keep track of some sheep and then differential calculus happened.
Approximation was discovered when rounding up sheep.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, ali PMPAINT, Monsterboy and 4 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 6.09.37 PM.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Bystander, collinsmark and 2 others
(Science? Well it could be... a bit... computer science, if I stretch it :smile:)

Windows Phone.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD and Wrichik Basu
Four students go to the washroom at the same time, lining up at the stand-up facilities.

The medical student finishes first and walks to the sink and begins thoroughly washing his hands. He explains that doctors need very clean hands.

The physics student walks out without going near the sink. He explains that physicists do not urinate on their hands.

The engineer also breezes out, explaining that engineers do not need clean hands.

The arts student is still standing at the urinal, looking at the chrome fixture and saying "Shiny!"
 
More on the Windows Phone and its lack of success:

2.png

1.jpg

And then some jokes about the durability of Nokia 3310:

Nokia1a.jpg


Nokia1b.jpg


Nokia3.jpg


Nokia4.jpg


Nokia5.jpg
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: ali PMPAINT, DrClaude, Wrichik Basu and 4 others
Speaking of Nokia phones, my current (and only) cell phone is a Nokia 3285 that I bought in about 2002. I just replaced the battery for the first time about a year ago. At my usual usage rate, I charge the phone about three times a year, whether it needs it or not.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: ali PMPAINT and DennisN
Mark44 said:
Speaking of Nokia phones, my current (and only) cell phone is a Nokia 3285 that I bought in about 2002. I just replaced the battery for the first time about a year ago. At my usual usage rate, I charge the phone about three times a year, whether it needs it or not.

Oh, my. But that cats! think of the cats!



(True story: The music in that video was inspired by a dream that @OmCheeto had where he met @Borek in a pet fish shop.)

Seriously though, I tried to make Fish Sim for Cats compatible with Windows phones [and Windows tablets]. I did my due diligence and gave it a good try. It did not go well. I gave up in the end.

Fish Sim for Cats is a high quality fish simulator for cats! Available for free, without ads, on Apple IOS (App Store), Android (Google Play Store), and Amazon (Apps and Games).
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Borg, OmCheeto, WWGD and 1 other person
collinsmark said:
Seriously though, I tried to make Fish Sim for Cats compatible with Windows phones. I did my due diligence and gave it a good try. It did not go well. I gave up in the end.
You did a Fish Sim for Android? Ok, I'm going to install it on my Android TV box which is connected to my TV and see how my cat responds to it. If something interesting happens, I will try to film it and post it in the Kitten lovers thread. :smile:
 
DennisN said:
You did a Fish Sim for Android? Ok, I'm going to install it on my Android TV box which is connected to my TV and see how my cat responds to it. If something interesting happens, I will try to film it and post it in the Kitten lovers thread. :smile:
I didn't make it officially compatible with Android TV. :frown: For now it's just phones and tablets. It would probably work, but I don't have a platform to test it on.

[Edit: the app requires touch-screen and orientation sensor capabilities. I'm not certain, but I don't think all Android TVs have a built in orientation sensor, so it probably won't work on those.]
 
Last edited:
collinsmark said:
I didn't make it officially compatible with Android TV. :frown: For now it's just phones and tablets. It would probably work, but I don't have a platform to test it on.
I will let you know when I've tested it. But I also remembered that the last time I used the Android box (which is a https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_555832.html, which was remarkably good considering the low price) it got stuck in a "boot loop" after I installed some new, maybe too system intrusive, software. So I may have to reinstall the firmware on it which I've done before with updated firmware from the vendor.
 
collinsmark said:
Oh, my. But that cats! think of the cats!



(True story: The music in that video was inspired by a dream that @OmCheeto had where he met @Borek in a pet fish shop.)

Seriously though, I tried to make Fish Sim for Cats compatible with Windows phones [and Windows tablets]. I did my due diligence and gave it a good try. It did not go well. I gave up in the end.

Fish Sim for Cats is a high quality fish simulator for cats! Available for free, without ads, on Apple IOS (App Store), Android (Google Play Store), and Amazon (Apps and Games).
already been done

 
Greg Bernhardt said:
Anyone want to figure out the password? 😄
##\pi##
Unfortunately, the 11th digit is a 6, so you need to guess if you should round up the 10th or not.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD and Keith_McClary
Ibix said:
##\pi##
Unfortunately, the 11th digit is a 6, so you need to guess if you should round up the 10th or not.
How mean. Most people will need internet to look it up to get 10 digits, so they will run around in circles, as for the internet access they need internet. And although the password is also kind of circular, it isn't cyclic. Mean. And the 11th digit is a 5.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur, Ibix and Greg Bernhardt
fresh_42 said:
How mean. Most people will need internet to look it up to get 10 digits, so they will run around in circles, as for the internet access they need internet. And although the password is also kind of circular, it isn't cyclic. Mean.
Maybe they could order a fruit tart or something while they think about it.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt
Ibix said:
Maybe they could order a fruit tart or something while they think about it.
I guess this password was the reason why Archimedes, Euler, Leibniz, Wallis, and so many more tried to find a representation. They all must have been customers of this shop.
 
fresh_42 said:
I guess this password was the reason why Archimedes, Euler, Leibniz, Wallis, and so many more tried to find a representation. They all must have been customers of this shop.
Sounds plausible. You'd have to wonder who the proprietor was, though.
 
Someone maybe told this one already:
Heisenberg is driving when he is stopped by a cop.
"Do you know how fast you were going?"
"No, but I know exactly where I am"
"You were going 107 miles an hour".
"Good, now I'm lost".
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ali PMPAINT and artis
DrGreg said:
Why are auto mechanics like actors?

They often have to wait to get the parts
The version I know is:
"What do you do for a living?"
"I am an actor"
"Really, in what restaurant?"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 256bits, gmax137 and jack action
A nuclear power reactor is being brought back to full power from a sudden shutdown.
Manager comes into the control room and asks "why haven't we reached full power yet?"
Control room senior operator replies "We are waiting for Xenon"
Manager replies "I don't know the last name of that Xenon , but once he is back to work and we are at full power I want to see him in my office!"