Collection of Science Jokes P2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4,104 replies · 526K views
kuruman said:
Which, of course, implies that 95 = NaN in SI.
I suspect that 0+"95p" probably does equal NaN in Javascript...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
1618774286822.jpeg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: PhDeezNutz, atyy, DennisN and 1 other person
How many number theorists does it take to change a lightbulb?
Nobody knows the exact number, but it is believed to be an elegant prime.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary, jack action, DennisN and 1 other person
In biology,
you can divide to multiply.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, collinsmark, Wrichik Basu and 2 others
etotheipi said:
How many number theorists does it take to change a lightbulb?
Nobody knows the exact number, but it is believed to be an elegant prime.
How many psychologists does it take to change a lightbulb?
Only one, but the lightbulb has to want to change.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman, Wrichik Basu, jack action and 1 other person
I'll never think of my basement the same again. :wideeyed:
 
evaluate\begin{align*}
d = \int \frac{d^2}{1+d^2} dd
\end{align*}let ##\tan d = d## so then ##\sec^2 d dd = dd## and\begin{align*}
d = \int \frac{\tan^2d}{1+ \tan^2 d} \sec^2{d} dd = \int \tan^2 d dd &= \int \sec^2 ddd - \int dd \\

&= \tan d -d +d \\

&= d- \arctan d + d

\end{align*}where ##d## is an additive constant
 
etotheipi said:
evaluate\begin{align*}
d = \int \frac{d^2}{1+d^2} dd
\end{align*}let ##\tan d = d## so then ##\sec^2 d dd = dd## and\begin{align*}
d = \int \frac{\tan^2d}{1+ \tan^2 d} \sec^2{d} dd = \int \tan^2 d dd &= \int \sec^2 ddd - \int dd \\

&= \tan d -d +d \\

&= d- \arctan d + d

\end{align*}where ##d## is an additive constant
Does anybody else have the theme tune to Match of the Day going through their heads now?

Dee dee dee dee dee-dee-dee-dee dee...
 
Ibix said:
Dee dee dee dee dee-dee-dee-dee dee...
Isn't that the theme from Twilight Zone?
Or maybe Jaws?
 
Vanadium 50 said:
Isn't that the theme from Twilight Zone?
No, that goes doo-dee-doo-doo, doo-dee-doo-doo.
Vanadium 50 said:
Or maybe Jaws?
Dun-dun dun-dun dun-dun.
 
DrClaude said:
Wayno says:
On Thursday, I made fun of something I dislike by doing that very thing. I find the ubiquitous gags referencing Schrödinger's cat to be self-consciously clever, if not self-congratulatory. And yet, here I am doing one myself. Cartoonists are seldom rational or consistent.

Still, I promise never to tread this turf again.
 
(where does one put lame science jokes?)

An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar.
The first mathematician orders a beer.
The second orders half a beer.
"I don't serve half-beers" the bartender replies.
"Excuse me?" Asks mathematician #2.
"What kind of bar serves half-beers?" The bartender remarks. "That's ridiculous."
"Oh c'mon" says mathematician #1 "do you know how hard it is to collect an infinite number of us? Just play along."
"There are very strict laws on how I can serve drinks. I couldn't serve you half a beer even if I wanted to."
"But that's not a problem" mathematician #3 chimes in "at the end of the joke you serve us a whole number of beers. You see, when you take the sum of a continuously halving function-"
"I know how limits work" interjects the bartender.
"Oh, alright then. I didn't want to assume a bartender would be familiar with such advanced mathematics."
"Are you kidding me?" The bartender replies, "you learn limits in like, 9th grade! What kind of mathematician thinks limits are advanced mathematics?"
"HE'S ON TO US" mathematician #1 screeches.
Simultaneously, every mathematician opens their mouth and out pours a cloud of multicolored mosquitoes. Each mathematician is bellowing insects of a different shade.
The mosquitoes form into a singular, polychromatic swarm. "FOOLS" it booms in unison, "I WILL INFECT EVERY BEING ON THIS PATHETIC PLANET WITH MALARIA."
The bartender stands fearless against the technicolor horde. "But wait" he interrupts, thinking fast, "if you do that, politicians will use the catastrophe as an excuse to implement free healthcare. Think of how much that will hurt the taxpayers!"
The mosquitoes fall silent for a brief moment. "My God, you're right. We didn't think about the economy! Very well, we will not attack this dimension. FOR THE TAXPAYERS!" and with that, they vanish.
A nearby barfly stumbles over to the bartender. "How did you know that that would work?"
"It's simple really" the bartender says. "I saw that the vectors formed a gradient, and therefore must be conservative."
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: EHope, Ibix, DennisN and 1 other person
I guess that joke has already been posted somewhere... Anyway:

Einstein, Pascal and Newton are playing hide and seek... Einstein covers his eyes and begins counting. While Pascal run off and hide, Newton takes out some chalk and marks a square on the ground with a side length of exactly one meter, then sits down inside the square.

When Einstein is finished counting and sees Newton sitting on the ground, he yells, "Ha, I've found you, Newton!". Newton however replies, "You’ve found one Newton per square meter. You’ve found Pascal!"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: EHope, davenn, berkeman and 4 others