Collection of Science Jokes P2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4,104 replies · 526K views
fresh_42 said:
Yes, maybe I should have asked: Given its diameter is 7 cm, 6cm its height, how much sugar will I have to put into it such that spaghettification makes it 2 cm higher?
So the alchemical trick for converting peanut butter into spaghetti is sugar?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
jbriggs444 said:
So the alchemical trick for converting peanut butter into spaghetti is sugar?
The conversion of peanut butter to spaghetti is not an alchemical trick. Faithful Pastafarians know that It's the first miracle performed by the Flying Spaghetti Monster, praised be his name. May he watch over us and shield us forever and ever, R'amen.

Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage_HD.jpg

By Niklas Jansson - Android Arts, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=48906232
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron, Jodo, Keith_McClary and 3 others
"grain pulvérisé et champignon de fermentation calorifié sur une source de chaleur à particules chargées"

would be ##~\dots##

French toast. (According to Googletranslate)
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu and BillTre
You weren't supposed to see that. :cool:
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, BillTre, berkeman and 1 other person
fresh_42 said:
What is it? I googled, V'ger, Deep thought and the probe from the voyage home.
If it's Star Wars I won't know it besides the death Star, i think that was a sphere.
 
pinball1970 said:
What is it? I googled, V'ger, Deep thought and the probe from the voyage home.
If it's Star Wars I won't know it besides the death Star, i think that was a sphere.
Seems to be the Borg cube:



It's a kilometre-wide spaceship. It flies, shoots, has a lot of robots in it.

(I, too, googled this)
 
Resistance is futile...
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: phinds, pinball1970, DrClaude and 1 other person
This reminds me that; all the really big mistakes we make in life, are made in the very short period between the first and second childhoods.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and Klystron
Klystron invited Magnetron to a party but lost track of time.

K: Sorry, Maggie. I'm Oh so late. Time just drifts.

M: No, K. I oscillate. You are just a big TWiT.

[Explanation for mathematicians: both devices are radio frequency oscillators. Klystrons, also called traveling wave tubes, utilize electron drift in 'bunches' while cavity magnetrons rely on cycloid rotation of electrons in transverse magnetic field... (@WWGD falls asleep). :DD
 
Klystron said:
Klystron invited Magnetron to a party but lost track of time.

K: Sorry, Maggie. I'm Oh so late. Time just drifts.

M: No, K. I oscillate. You are just a big TWiT.

[Explanation for mathematicians: both devices are radio frequency oscillators. Klystrons, also called traveling wave tubes, utilize electron drift in 'bunches' while cavity magnetrons rely on cycloid rotation of electrons in transverse magnetic field... (@WWGD falls asleep). :DD
That deserves some sort of mention. For geek factor at the very least.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary, BillTre, berkeman and 1 other person
Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 11.10.15 AM.png


I like the "with ease" part.
 
Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action, berkeman and Klystron
BillTre said:
I like the "with ease" part.

Look at the telephone, when was this, ~1910? Now you know where Buck Henry got the idea for his Cone of Silence.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron and BillTre
gmax137 said:
Look at the telephone, when was this, ~1910? Now you know where Buck Henry got the idea for his Cone of Silence.
I wonder how he could possibly hear the telephone ring if outside noises are "eliminated".
 
A machinist buys a used ferris wheel off eBay. He is in the process of disassembling the wheel. For every part he takes off, he then machines a duplicate part from aluminum.
A friend comes along and asks what he is doing.
He replies once finished he will have both a "ferris wheel" and a "non-ferrous wheel".
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action, BillTre and Klystron