College Math Analysis study guide?

In summary, the conversation is about a recent high school graduate who wants to transfer to CSUFresno and major in Computer Engineering. They need to take Math 76, 77, and 81, which are mathematical analysis courses. The person is looking for recommendations on books and resources to prepare for these courses over the summer. Some recommendations include online notes, video lectures, and a free ebook. The person also plans to ask for help on forums and is open to other suggestions for study materials.
RomesFinest!
Hello everyone! I just graduated from high school and now moving on to college. I want to get my bachelors in Computer Engineering, as a transfer student to CSUFresno. I saw in the academic courses that you have to take Math 76, 77, 81. which is mathematical analysis 1-3. Now math has never been my strong point but I'm determined to study these courses as much as I can. So does anyone have any experience in these classes and if you have any books you recommend so I can study over the summer?

Physics news on Phys.org
Calculus/Analysis materials+

Hi,
Most of my working knowledge comes from:
http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/ (Calculus 1-3, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations)
(These notes are just PERFECT I'm in love with them!)

And another quite helpful resource I found recently (Real and Complex Analysis):
http://www.mathcs.org/

You can self study from these materials and ask question here on the forum to understand problematic points.(This what I do :redface:)

I also received recommendations from https://www.physicsforums.com/member.php?u=58572" to this free ebook:
http://ramanujan.math.trinity.edu/wt...L_ANALYSIS.PDF . (I have limited experience with this source so I can't recommend it still)

If you'll find another good source for Analysis/Calculus courses let me know=)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys! I will look at all as much as I can!:shy:

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is College Math Analysis?

College Math Analysis is a branch of mathematics that focuses on the study of functions, limits, derivatives, integrals, and series. It is a fundamental course for students majoring in math, science, engineering, or any other field that requires a strong foundation in mathematics.

2. Why is a study guide necessary for College Math Analysis?

A study guide for College Math Analysis can help students review and reinforce the concepts they have learned in class. It can also provide practice problems and explanations that can aid in understanding difficult topics. Furthermore, having a study guide can help students stay organized and focused when preparing for exams.

3. What topics are typically covered in a College Math Analysis study guide?

A College Math Analysis study guide will typically cover topics such as functions, limits, derivatives, integrals, series, and applications of these concepts. It may also include practice problems, examples, and tips for solving problems efficiently.

4. How can a study guide help improve my grades in College Math Analysis?

A study guide can help improve your grades in College Math Analysis by providing a comprehensive review of the course material. It can also help you identify any areas that you may need to focus on and provide additional practice problems and explanations to strengthen your understanding of the subject.

5. Where can I find a reliable College Math Analysis study guide?

There are many resources available for College Math Analysis study guides, such as textbooks, online resources, and study groups. It is important to choose a study guide from a reputable source and make sure it covers all the necessary topics for your course. Your professor or academic advisor may also be able to recommend a reliable study guide.