Common source amplifier low frequency resonse

In summary, the conversation discusses the inclusion of Cs in the current divider and its effect on the current divider equation. The speaker initially expresses confusion about why Cs is not included in the equation, but then realizes their mistake and confirms that it is not included. The conversation ends with the speaker stating they have no further questions.
TheRedDevil18
Here's the amplifier in question:
common source.PNG

I'm not understanding this part:
answer.PNG

Why is Cs not included in the current divider ?
To my understanding of current divider, It = Id+Io, where It is the current flowing through Rd
So, Io = It*(1/Cs)/(1/Cc2)+RL

Engineering news on Phys.org
But Cs is in series with Id current. Please explain to me how Cs affects Io.

Jony130 said:
But Cs is in series with Id current. Please explain to me how Cs affects Io.
Yes, it's correct. I must have gotten confused somewhere but it's fine now

Do you have any more qestion about this amp?
1.1.png

1. What is the purpose of a common source amplifier?

A common source amplifier is used to amplify a small input voltage signal to a higher output voltage signal. It is commonly used in electronic devices to increase the strength of an electrical signal for various purposes, such as powering speakers or transmitting data.

2. How does a common source amplifier work?

A common source amplifier uses a transistor to amplify the input signal. The transistor acts as a switch, allowing a larger current to flow through the output compared to the input. This amplification process is achieved through the use of resistors and capacitors that control the flow of current through the transistor.

3. What is low frequency response in a common source amplifier?

Low frequency response in a common source amplifier refers to how well the amplifier can amplify signals with low frequencies. This is important because some signals, such as audio signals, have low frequencies and need to be accurately amplified for proper output.

4. How is low frequency response measured in a common source amplifier?

Low frequency response is typically measured by the gain of the amplifier at different frequencies. The gain is the ratio of the output voltage to the input voltage. A higher gain at low frequencies indicates a better low frequency response.

5. What factors can affect the low frequency response of a common source amplifier?

The low frequency response of a common source amplifier can be affected by several factors, such as the type of transistor used, the values of the resistors and capacitors in the circuit, and the quality of the power supply. Additionally, external interference and noise can also impact the low frequency response of the amplifier.