1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Common Source Aplifier - finding values of bypass capacitors

1. Sep 18, 2006 #1
    Hi,
    I am new to this website. I am having troubles in designing a common source amplifier with a voltage gain, Av=26 dB (no bypass capacitor) and a gain of 40 DB (with a bypass capacitor) and a frequency of 100-1000HZ. Can anyone please guide me to calculate the value of the bypass capacitor? I searched everywhere for the methods of finding the capacitors values but still in vain. :frown: :confused:
    thank you very much for all your help.

thanks,
    peace

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 19, 2006 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Can you post a sketch of your circuit? Also, you list two different gains. What is the 40dB number representing?

4. Sep 19, 2006 #3
    Dear berkeman,
    Thanks a lot for your reply. The 26 db is the gain when there is no bypass capacitor in the circuit while the 40 dB is the gain when there is a bypass capacitor in the circuit.
    Oh by the way, do you know how to use PSPICE or LTSPICE to generate the circuit? I am so sorry for sounding like such a poor computer engineer student. I am trying to learn how to use PSPICE or LTSPICE to generate the results.
    Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate all the help given.

thanks,
    peace

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?