Compaq Visual Fortran: Does it Have IMSL Library?

In summary, Compaq Visual Fortran is a programming language specifically designed for scientific and engineering applications on Windows operating systems. The IMSL Library is a collection of optimized mathematical and statistical routines that can be used with Fortran programs, but must be purchased separately and integrated into the programming environment. It is also compatible with other programming languages such as Fortran, C, and C++, but the implementation and integration processes may vary. Using the IMSL Library with Compaq Visual Fortran can save time and effort in developing complex calculations and benefit from its high performance capabilities.
marden
Hello,

I have one questions. Does Compaq Visual Fortran have IMSL library? I tried to compile program which use MSIMSLMS module but program said that did not found the module.

Thanks,
Marden

Technology news on Phys.org
Compaq Visual Fortran V6.6 have IMSL library.

Hello Marden,

Thank you for your question. Yes, Compaq Visual Fortran does have the IMSL (International Mathematical and Statistical Libraries) library. However, it is not included in the standard installation and must be purchased separately. If you are receiving an error message stating that the MSIMSLMS module cannot be found, it is likely that you do not have the IMSL library installed on your system. I suggest checking with your IT department or purchasing the library from the official IMSL website to ensure compatibility with your program. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,

1. What is Compaq Visual Fortran?

Compaq Visual Fortran is a programming language used for scientific and engineering applications. It is based on the Fortran 95 standard and is specifically designed for use with the Windows operating system.

2. What is the IMSL Library?

The IMSL (International Mathematical and Statistical Libraries) is a collection of highly optimized mathematical and statistical routines that can be used with Fortran programs. It is often used for complex and computationally intensive calculations in areas such as engineering, physics, and finance.

3. Is the IMSL Library included with Compaq Visual Fortran?

No, the IMSL Library is not included with Compaq Visual Fortran. It must be purchased separately and integrated into the programming environment.

4. Can the IMSL Library be used with other programming languages?

Yes, the IMSL Library is compatible with multiple programming languages, including Fortran, C, and C++. However, the specific implementation and integration process may vary depending on the language and compiler being used.

5. What are the benefits of using the IMSL Library with Compaq Visual Fortran?

The IMSL Library offers a wide range of specialized mathematical and statistical routines that have been extensively tested and optimized for efficiency. By using the IMSL Library with Compaq Visual Fortran, programmers can save time and effort in developing complex calculations and can benefit from the library's high performance capabilities.