Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Complex analysis book with lots of solved problems?

1. Jul 21, 2013 #1
    Hi. I am taking complex analysis over the summer and I am having a difficult time learning the concepts. I've tried reading several dfiferent textbooks, and though they sometimtes state the same theorem using different wording, different arguments, etc, I am still having a hard time understanding it.

I often learn best when I solve problems that use concepts, but a lot of these textbooks do not have many problems or detailed step by step solutions.

What are some good complex analysis books with many solved problems?

Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 22, 2013 #2

lurflurf

Homework Helper

Be sure to solve problems on your own before looking at the answers and watch out for mistakes and strange methods.
    Complex Analysis by Serge Lang has a solution book Problems and Solutions for Complex Analysis by Rami Shakarchi.
    There are some humorous reviews on amazon https://www.amazon.com/Problems-Sol...lysis-Mathematics/product-reviews/0387982353/ and https://www.amazon.com/Problems-Solutions-Complex-Analysis-Shakarchi/product-reviews/0387988319/

Schaum's Outline of Complex Variables is worth a look.

Problems and Theorems in Analysis II: Theory of Functions. Zeros. Polynomials. Determinants. Number Theory. Geometry by George Polya and Gabor Szegö is a classic, the problems are hard though. I forget which volume has most of the complex analysis stuff.

There are many more choices without many solved problemssuch as A Collection of Problems on Complex Analysis by Volkovyskii Lunts, and Aramanovich.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook