Markushevich's complex analysis book, out of print.

In summary, there is confusion about which book is being referred to, but it appears that the book "Complex Analysis" by Elias M. Stein and Rami Shakarchi is still in print and available for purchase. Despite being published in 2005, it is considered a classic in its field and highly recommended by readers. Some sources may mistakenly say that it is out of print, but it can still be found on the AMS website and purchased on Amazon.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
I read the reviews that it's one of the classics in this topic, I wonder does someone know why AMS publishing stopped printing the book (im reffering to the three volumes in one book), especially when the book was published in 2005, i know that it's not profitable but for classic book i would think it would not matter if it were profitable or not.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Yes, that's the book I linked to. Apparently I chose a bad link. Regardless, it's not out of print - just do a search for it on the AMS website and you'll find it. Moreover, you can purchase it from amazon.com.

Well I checked at blackwell.co.uk for a copy of it, and they say that it's out of print.

For what it's worth, I just started reading this book and it is by far the best Complex Analysis book I've read. I find it to be much better than Ahlfors, which we used in my Complex Analysis class. I purchased it on Amazon.

1. What is Markushevich's complex analysis book about?

Markushevich's complex analysis book is a comprehensive textbook on the theory of complex analysis, which is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of functions of complex numbers. It covers topics such as complex numbers, analytic functions, contour integration, and the Cauchy-Riemann equations.

2. Why is Markushevich's complex analysis book out of print?

Markushevich's complex analysis book was first published in 1948 and has since been out of print due to its age and the emergence of newer, more modern textbooks on complex analysis. However, it is still highly regarded by many mathematicians for its clear and thorough explanations of complex analysis concepts.

3. Is Markushevich's complex analysis book still relevant for modern mathematics?

While Markushevich's complex analysis book may not incorporate some of the more recent developments in complex analysis, it is still considered a valuable resource for understanding the fundamentals of the subject. Many mathematicians still refer to it for its clear explanations and numerous examples.

4. Can I still find a copy of Markushevich's complex analysis book?

Although Markushevich's complex analysis book is out of print, it is still possible to find copies through online bookstores or at libraries. However, due to its rarity, these copies may be expensive. Alternatively, some universities may still have copies available in their libraries.

5. Are there any other books that can serve as a substitute for Markushevich's complex analysis book?

Yes, there are many other textbooks on complex analysis that can serve as a substitute for Markushevich's book. Some popular options include "Complex Analysis" by Lars Ahlfors, "Functions of One Complex Variable" by John B. Conway, and "Complex Analysis: A First Course with Applications" by Dennis G. Zill and Patrick D. Shanahan.