Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Markushevich's complex analysis book, out of print.

1. Nov 19, 2007 #1
    I read the reviews that it's one of the classics in this topic, I wonder does someone know why AMS publishing stopped printing the book (im reffering to the three volumes in one book), especially when the book was published in 2005, i know that it's not profitable but for classic book i would think it would not matter if it were profitable or not.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2007 #2

morphism

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

4. Nov 20, 2007 #3
  5. Nov 20, 2007 #4

morphism

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Yes, that's the book I linked to. Apparently I chose a bad link. Regardless, it's not out of print - just do a search for it on the AMS website and you'll find it. Moreover, you can purchase it from amazon.com.

6. Nov 22, 2007 #5
    Well I checked at blackwell.co.uk for a copy of it, and they say that it's out of print.

7. Nov 22, 2007 #6

marcusl

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

8. Jan 2, 2012 #7
    For what it's worth, I just started reading this book and it is by far the best Complex Analysis book I've read. I find it to be much better than Ahlfors, which we used in my Complex Analysis class. I purchased it on Amazon.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?