Conductor and insulator

In summary: This is because the resistors are sharing the same current. The current is divided equally between the two resistors, so the voltage drop is the same. This is also true for voltage drops across capacitors in series and parallel. The voltage drop across a capacitor is the same as the voltage drop across the capacitor in parallel.
dhanish
why is it quite difficult to understand about conductor,insulator and resistor in parellel and series circuit?any way and method for easy understanding...help please...

Engineering news on Phys.org
It's difficult because it takes years of experience to master.

Again, master thevenin and norton equivalents and you will see the light. But it will take a long time...in other words, you will not master it today.

Weeks or days, not years.
thevenin and norton are refinements useful from time to time, not in the general case.

In parallel, components share one voltage and add the currents. In series, they share one current and add the voltages. Write the equations, deduce the conductance and resistance.

Later, you can do the same with AC current, adding capacitors and inductors, computing with complex numbers.

At some point, you can add power sources.

Enthalpy said:
Weeks or days, not years.
thevenin and norton are refinements useful from time to time, not in the general case.

I humbily disagree due to my teaching experience.

Your average person is not that smart and it takes a long time to master circuits. It took me a while as well. Truly gifted people will catch on quick, but not your average joe shmoe.

Thevenin is more of a teaching tool to get people used to shorting voltage sources and opening current sources. Anytime you see more than one source this should be instantaneous...superposition should be your first thought. Also teaches them KCL AND KVL. When finding total resistances...same thing...short voltage sources and open current sources. These thoughts are automatic when I look at any circuit. It's good stuff in my opinion.

The original poster wanted to put resistors in series and parallel, and I feel this easier than Thevenin, Norton, or the (much worse) circuit theories that have been developed, and which may be learned later.

Sure, the more general methods with Laplace transform and fluence graphs take years, but aren't necessary for insulators and conductors.

dhanish,

why is it quite difficult to understand about conductor,insulator and resistor in parellel and series circuit?any way and method for easy understanding...help please...

It's not, once you learn the simple basics. I assume you know what a conductor, insulator, and resistor is. Now, what specific question do you have with series and parallel connections.

Ratch

What is the difference between a conductor and an insulator?

A conductor is a material that allows electricity to flow through it easily, while an insulator is a material that does not allow electricity to flow through it easily. This is due to the difference in the number of free electrons in each material.

How do conductors and insulators affect electricity in a circuit?

Conductors are used to carry electricity from one point to another in a circuit, while insulators are used to prevent the electricity from escaping the circuit. Without conductors and insulators, electricity would not be able to flow through a circuit efficiently.

What are some examples of conductors and insulators?

Some common examples of conductors include metals such as copper, silver, and aluminum. Some common examples of insulators include plastic, rubber, and glass.

Can a material be both a conductor and an insulator?

Yes, there are materials that can act as both conductors and insulators, depending on certain factors such as temperature, pressure, and the type of current being used. For example, pure silicon is an insulator, but when it is doped with impurities, it can act as a conductor.

Why are conductors used in electrical wires?

Conductors, specifically metals, are used in electrical wires because they have a high number of free electrons that can easily move through the wire and carry electricity. This allows for efficient transmission of electricity from one point to another.