Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Cooling/heating temperature rate change

1. Apr 16, 2016 #1
    Ok, so I could do an experiment on this first, but I decided to see if anyone knew beforehand. So basically my question is will different properties of the same temperature, exposed to the same temperature, cool/heat at the same rate? For example would a more viscous liquid cool as fast as less viscous liquid of the same temperature undergoing the same cooling? I could use other examples but I think you get the gist. Also, I would appreciate explanations instead of just "yes" or "no". I know my question is very broad, but I appreciate any replies. Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 16, 2016 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

4. Apr 16, 2016 #3
    I am still confused :/ I should mention that I have no knowledge in physics and very minimal in math. I am not super smart or anything either, just a very curious person lol.

5. Apr 16, 2016 #4

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to explain any better that those links. Perhaps someone else here can.

6. Apr 16, 2016 #5
    All good. I appreciate you trying to explain to me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted