1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Cooling/heating temperature rate change

1. Apr 16, 2016 #1
    Ok, so I could do an experiment on this first, but I decided to see if anyone knew beforehand. So basically my question is will different properties of the same temperature, exposed to the same temperature, cool/heat at the same rate? For example would a more viscous liquid cool as fast as less viscous liquid of the same temperature undergoing the same cooling? I could use other examples but I think you get the gist. Also, I would appreciate explanations instead of just "yes" or "no". I know my question is very broad, but I appreciate any replies. Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 16, 2016 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

4. Apr 16, 2016 #3
    I am still confused :/ I should mention that I have no knowledge in physics and very minimal in math. I am not super smart or anything either, just a very curious person lol.

5. Apr 16, 2016 #4

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to explain any better that those links. Perhaps someone else here can.

6. Apr 16, 2016 #5
    All good. I appreciate you trying to explain to me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted