Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Core saturation in transformers

1. Oct 29, 2013 #1
    Hello,

I am currently working with mono phase transformers. I would like to know if there is an equation to calculate the voltage when the core saturates so I can compare with my practical results with.

Thank you very much
    João

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 29, 2013 #2

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Hi joao.lima http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5725/red5e5etimes5e5e45e5e25.gif [Broken]

Interesting. How will you recognize core saturation in your practical results?

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. Oct 29, 2013 #3
    Hello NascentOxygen,

This was another problem. The solution presented was to check when the voltage in the secondary side starts to drop or analyse the waveform in the secondary side using a scope. Do you have any suggestions for that too?

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  5. Oct 29, 2013 #4

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

What you wrote sounds spot on.

My suggestion would be to try a google search. I'm sure you will find it well explained. Youtube might hold some surprises, too.

Good luck! Your understanding of transformers is about to *explode*. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook