Cosmology from Quantum Potential

In summary, cosmology from quantum potential is a framework that combines quantum theory with the concept of potential energy to explain the origins and evolution of the universe. It proposes that the universe began as a quantum wave function with a high potential energy, which then collapsed and expanded into the observable universe. This theory aims to bridge the gap between quantum mechanics and cosmology, providing a new perspective on the fundamental laws of the universe.
gelatin
I am not sure where to find people who may understand the following paper but I figured someone here might be interested and or educated enough to weigh in on this subject.
I tried with my local astronomical society and haven't heard anything back from them.
This idea is interesting to me but I don't have the background in mathematics to verify these two people's work that is the focus of the article.
Anyways I thought I'd drop it here as it doesn't look like it has been mentioned and might get bounced around and reviewed or even debunked or confirmed.
Looking forward to dropping jaws, eyes the size of saucers, and wringing of the hands too.
maybe some hair pulling...

http://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html
No Big Bang? Quantum equation predicts universe has no beginning

The universe may have existed forever, according to a new model that applies quantum correction terms to complement Einstein's theory of general relativity. The model may also account for dark matter and dark energy, resolving multiple problems at once.
here is a link to the actual paper ( it's 4 pages long )
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0370269314009381

Physics news on Phys.org
We already have a thread on this here: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/quantum-equations-suggest-the-big-bang-never-happened.797073/

gelatin said:
Looking forward to dropping jaws, eyes the size of saucers, and wringing of the hands too.
maybe some hair pulling...

Not going to happen. :wink:
From the thread linked above:

Chalnoth said:
...there's no reason to take this seriously.

It's standard knowledge within cosmology that the big bang singularity is impossible. The question remains as to what was going on in the densest times. There are two general approaches that theorists have taken in an attempt to explain the discrepancy:
1. Come up with an alternative model which, when extrapolated forward in time, gives a universe that looks like our own. Cosmic Inflation is one example of following this paradigm.
2. Take the currently-known components of our universe and extrapolate backward in time towards the singularity, but make use of a theory of quantum gravity to describe the universe at very early times. Loop Quantum Cosmology is one example here. This is also the approach taken by Ali and Das.

Since there's already a thread on this I'm going to lock this one.

1. What is "Cosmology from Quantum Potential"?

"Cosmology from Quantum Potential" is a theory that combines elements of quantum mechanics and cosmology to explain the origins and evolution of the universe. It suggests that the universe is shaped by a quantum potential, which is a non-physical force that influences the behavior of particles and the overall structure of the universe.

2. How does this theory differ from traditional cosmology?

Unlike traditional cosmology, which is based on Einstein's theory of general relativity, "Cosmology from Quantum Potential" takes a quantum mechanical approach to understanding the universe. It suggests that the universe is not deterministic, but rather is shaped by a quantum potential that is influenced by the actions of particles within it.

3. What evidence supports this theory?

Currently, there is limited empirical evidence to support "Cosmology from Quantum Potential." However, some studies have shown that the theory can explain certain observations, such as the structure of the cosmic microwave background radiation and the distribution of galaxies in the universe. Further research and experimentation is needed to fully validate this theory.

4. Can this theory be tested?

Yes, "Cosmology from Quantum Potential" can be tested through experiments and observations. Some proposed experiments involve studying the behavior of particles in a quantum potential and how they affect the structure of the universe. Additionally, observations of the cosmic microwave background and the large-scale structure of the universe can also provide evidence for or against this theory.

5. How does "Cosmology from Quantum Potential" impact our understanding of the universe?

"Cosmology from Quantum Potential" challenges traditional views of the universe and provides a different perspective on its origins and evolution. It suggests that the universe is not a predetermined and fixed entity, but rather is shaped by a quantum potential that is constantly evolving. If this theory is validated, it could greatly impact our understanding of the fundamental laws of the universe and potentially open up new avenues for scientific exploration.