Could I have an email interview?

In summary, the speaker is looking for someone to interview about the job of a physicist for a school project. They are seeking information on education requirements, job characteristics, availability, and current trends. The interview will be conducted over email and will not be published or read by a large audience. The speaker asks for anyone who can spare a few minutes to reply or email them. They also mention that they are currently doing a physics degree and provide their email for contact.
obi_wonton
I'm in need of an interview with anyone filling the job description of a physicist. Just a few basic questions about the education required for the job, characteristics of people in the job, the type of work done, availability of jobs in the field, etc. Anyone with a degree in physics and an understanding of the current trends/employability in the field would do...
The interview would be a few questions over email that could be answered in maybe 15 minutes. It wouldn't be published or read in front of a billion people or anything of that sort; it's just for a small school project. Gather a bit of first-hand information, and get a nice-looking primary source in the works-cited list, that sort of thing.
If anyone here could help me out I'd be very grateful. If you think you think you can spare a few minutes for me please reply, or just drop me an email at obi dot wonton at gmail dot com.

Physics news on Phys.org
My Dad is a physicist. You can contact him at b_r_sitaram@hotmail.com

1. Can I conduct an email interview instead of an in-person interview?

Yes, it is possible to conduct an email interview instead of an in-person interview. Email interviews can be a convenient option for both the interviewer and interviewee as it eliminates the need for scheduling and travel.

2. Are email interviews considered a legitimate form of research?

Yes, email interviews are considered a legitimate form of research. They can provide valuable insights and data, just like in-person interviews. However, it is important to ensure the validity and reliability of the information gathered through email interviews.

3. What are the advantages of conducting an email interview?

The advantages of conducting an email interview include convenience, as it can be conducted at a time and place that is suitable for both parties, cost-effectiveness, as it eliminates the need for travel expenses, and the ability to gather more detailed and thoughtful responses from the interviewee.

4. What are the potential limitations of email interviews?

Some potential limitations of email interviews include the possibility of misinterpretation of questions or responses, lack of non-verbal cues and body language, and the potential for delayed responses or lack of response from the interviewee.

5. How can I ensure the confidentiality of the email interview?

To ensure confidentiality, it is important to inform the interviewee about the purpose of the email interview, obtain their consent, and assure them that their responses will be kept confidential. It is also important to use a secure email platform and to delete all email correspondence after the research is complete.