Cover songs versus the original track, which ones are better?

  • Thread starter Thread starter pinball1970
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Track
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2,607 replies · 201K views
Surf music started at 'The Rendezvous' on Balboa peninsula. Dick Dale and the Deltones with the original "Let's Go Tripping" with a saxophone. So the covers without the saxophone are unremarkable.
IMG_20260107_133844.webp
 
Physics news on Phys.org
WWGD said:

Interesting. Some I absolutely disagreed with, mainly 80s covers of 60s originals.
Some I was totally unaware of, mainly the 1960s covers of earlier 1960s and pre 1960s.
 
Orig. From Scotland.


Cover


What a workout for the drummer! Senri Kawaguchi is by nature a line drummer, her weakness is beat drumming as she would rather not repeat anything. Here she takes Robbie MacIntosh's unique style a step or two further.

The Jazz Avengers became famous enough that the individual members could make more money elsewhere. It became too hard to schedule around their gigs so the Jazz Avengers are no more.
 
morrobay said:

It would have been nice if the drummer put that roll in after the riff.

 
Last edited:
This guy plays all the parts. Everything.

 
Hornbein said:
Ksenia Buzina


I was hopeful but she put in all those totally pointless, totally generic ornaments, that makes so many modern soul singers sound the same.
 
pinball1970 said:
I was hopeful but she put in all those totally pointless, totally generic ornaments, that makes so many modern soul singers sound the same.
Better?