Hornbein
Gold Member
- 4,253
- 3,379
morrobay said:
Hornbein said:
After retirement from the Fantastic Four, Sue was able to develop her sensitive side.
Hornbein said:
Yes Martin Denny is something elsepinball1970 said:I love the vibraphone!
pinball1970 said:That is absolutely beautiful. No idea of the instruments though, this could be in the obscure instruments thread too.
morrobay said:Yes Martin Denny is something else
Those are a big Napoleon mandolin and a Celtic harp, honored by the legendary Alan A'Dale and today's Harp lager.pinball1970 said:That is absolutely beautiful. No idea of the instruments though, this could be in the obscure instruments thread too.
Hornbein said:Germany's answer to Tom Jones does Paint It Black.
When I was a teen we found a PJ Proby record in a bargain bin. We all thought it was great. It was over the top and funny but actually good at the same time. Here PJ covers Leonard Bernstein's Somewhere.
We liked that Proby used a different voice and style for every song so it didn't get boring, sort of like Captain Beefheart. Can't think of anyone else who's done that.
Before he was PJ he used the stage name Jett Powers. I said, if he don't want it I'll take it. So I did.
The Chapman Stick (the instrument in the video) was designed specifically for tapping by Emmet Chapman, a jazz guitarist who invented the technique about 10 years before Eddie Van Halen added distortion and brought it to rock music.Hornbein said:And how does this man get such a good sound out of this thing? Tapping generally sounds out of tune and weak, which is why I don't do it. Rock guitarists cover up the natural tapping sound with distortion. Cheaters.
I meant that most Chapman Stick players get a tone which is to me displeasing. What is that man doing that's different? A very delicate touch? Better damping?pbuk said:The Chapman Stick (the instrument in the video) was designed specifically for tapping by Emmet Chapman, a jazz guitarist who invented the technique about 10 years before Eddie Van Halen added distortion and brought it to rock music.
morrobay said:Queen of Blues ? ^ Not Quite . Here is Etta James covering Jimmy Reed