Delay in signaling between entanglement particles

In summary: There is no evidence for a delay in the reaction, and there is no reason to think that there is a reaction.
danielhaish
I know that there isn't any delay that depends on the distance between particles, by the time it take to signal l to arrive from point a to b , but do there is any small delay that doesn't depends on distance .
like the Minimum distance between two bodies divided by the speed of light .
for example if we would create some kind of interaction domino with couples of entanglement practicals so when measuring one particle t will effect the practical it been entangle to which will interact with another practical and so on like the following draw
drawisland (1).png

in this draw A,A' B,B' C,C' are an couples of entanglement particles , we also know that A' is interact with B and B' with C and so on. I am wondering if would have a lot of couples of entanglement particles so we may measured a delay between the time we measure A till we can observe the result that bigger then the time it take to tell when the piratical has been measured (the time it take the electromagnetic signal to get from the first location to the last one )

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
A “practical” is a hands-on exam or a lab exercise. A “particle” is a small object or (in QM) a quantized excitation of a corresponding particle field.

Likes danielhaish
Dale said:
A “practical” is a hands-on exam or a lab exercise. A “particle” is a small object or (in QM) a quantized excitation of a corresponding particle field.
Ok i changed it, my mistake my browser is not recognize this word so I changed it

Last edited:
Likes Dale
danielhaish said:
...in this draw A,A' B,B' C,C' are an couples of entanglement particles , we also know that A' is interact with B and B' with C and so on. I am wondering if would have a lot of couples of entanglement particles so we may measured a delay between the time we measure A till we can observe the result that bigger then the time it take to tell when the piratical has been measured (the time it take the electromagnetic signal to get from the first location to the last one )

Entangled particles do not operate the way you are picturing them. A particle can only be entangled as part of a single system at a time. That system can be more than 2 particles. But if it is, the statistics change.

There is a specialized mechanism which is called "entanglement swapping". It is "possible" to entangle particle A with particle D' as part of a chain of swaps. The setup is quite complex and those swaps would only occur as a very rare event.

Likes danielhaish
DrChinese said:
Entangled particles do not operate the way you are picturing them. A particle can only be entangled as part of a single system at a time. That system can be more than 2 particles. But if it is, the statistics change.

There is a specialized mechanism which is called "entanglement swapping". It is "possible" to entangle particle A with particle D' as part of a chain of swaps. The setup is quite complex and those swaps would only occur as a very rare event.
and do you think there is small delay of interaction ?

Last edited:
danielhaish said:
and do you think there is small delay of reaction ?
Not only is there no evidence for a delay in the reaction, there is no reason to think that there is a reaction.

Likes danielhaish
Nugatory said:
Not only is there no evidence for a delay in the reaction, there is no reason to think that there is a reaction.
sorry I meant interaction

danielhaish said:
sorry I meant interaction
I know what you meant, and my answer still stands.

Likes PeroK

1. What is entanglement and how does it work?

Entanglement is a phenomenon in quantum mechanics where two or more particles become connected in such a way that the state of one particle is dependent on the state of the other, regardless of the distance between them. This occurs through a process called quantum entanglement, where the particles become correlated in a way that is not possible with classical particles.

2. What is the delay in signaling between entanglement particles?

The delay in signaling between entanglement particles refers to the time it takes for information to be communicated between the entangled particles. This delay is instantaneous, meaning that the particles can communicate with each other faster than the speed of light. This is possible because the particles are connected in a way that is not bound by the limitations of classical physics.

3. Why is there a delay in signaling between entanglement particles?

The delay in signaling between entanglement particles is a result of the principles of quantum mechanics. According to the theory, particles can exist in multiple states at the same time, and their state is only determined when it is measured. This means that the particles are not communicating information to each other, but rather their states are entangled, resulting in a seemingly instantaneous transfer of information.

4. How is the delay in signaling between entanglement particles measured?

The delay in signaling between entanglement particles is measured using a process called quantum teleportation. This involves entangling two particles, separating them, and then measuring the state of one particle. The measurement of the first particle will determine the state of the second particle, regardless of the distance between them. By measuring the time it takes for this information to be communicated, we can determine the delay in signaling between the entangled particles.

5. What are the potential applications of delay in signaling between entanglement particles?

The delay in signaling between entanglement particles has potential applications in quantum communication and computing. It could allow for the creation of secure communication networks, as any attempt to intercept the entangled particles would result in a change in their state, making the communication immediately detectable. It could also be used in quantum computing to create faster and more efficient systems for processing information.