Democracy in trouble!

• News
  • Thread starter amp
  • Start date
schwarzchildradius
In Texas '02 three republican candidates (for house & senate positions) recieved exactly 18180 votes from Diebold machines.
The odds of this happening randomly are staggering, I calculate 3 million to one. You'd have to run the election at least 3 million times. The election system is being run by crooks.
Why arent these people in jail? They're crooks- put them in jail.

Yeah, I'd heard that too. Bottom line is we need to get the corporate money out of politics.

Not to totally change the subject but,
Schwarzchildradius,
How long have you lived in Fox? I was born and raised in Fairbanks.

russ_watters
Mentor
Originally posted by schwarzchildradius
In Texas '02 three republican candidates (for house & senate positions) recieved exactly 18180 votes from Diebold machines.
The odds of this happening randomly are staggering, I calculate 3 million to one. You'd have to run the election at least 3 million times. The election system is being run by crooks.
Why arent these people in jail? They're crooks- put them in jail.
How do you calculate those odds? If I understand what you are describing, it doesn't seem at all unlikely to me.

Zero
Originally posted by russ_watters
How do you calculate those odds? If I understand what you are describing, it doesn't seem at all unlikely to me.
Actually, it is only odd once you tally up all the other votes, isn't it? I haven't seen anybody do that yet, so this is meaningless.