Why are the E-L-Equations the Same Old Song in the Music Industry?

• Thread starter ManishN
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Derivation
In summary, the speaker expresses their frustration with the repetitive and unoriginal nature of mainstream music. They are tired of hearing the same songs on the radio and MTV, and are bored with the lack of originality in the lyrics, melody, and artists. They sing a song to express their desire to escape from this monotonous music.
ManishN
Homework Statement
Having trouble seeing how this derivative is being performed.
Relevant Equations
EL equation

Physics news on Phys.org
The LyricsI'm afraid this one is a bit short, but I'm too lazy to extend it any more.I'm getting tired of the same old songThey play on the radioAnd I'm so sick of all the crapThat's on MTVThe lyrics are all so dumbAnd the melody's all wrongMy ears just can't take it no moreThat's why I sing this song(Chorus)It's the same old musicAll the timeI'm getting so boredOf the same old linesIt's the same old musicEverydayIt's driving me crazySo I gotta get awayThe beats and riffs they're all the sameNo originalityThe singers they sound all the sameIt's like it was meant to beIt's all too clear to meThat this music's gonna beStuck in my head all day longThat's why I sing this song(Chorus)BridgeI can't take it no moreIt's time to just ignoreThis terrible music they make(Chorus)

1. What are the E-L equations?

The E-L equations, also known as the Euler-Lagrange equations, are a set of differential equations used to describe the behavior of a physical system. They are derived from the principle of least action, which states that the path taken by a system between two points in time is the one that minimizes the action.

2. How are the E-L equations derived?

The E-L equations are derived using the calculus of variations. This involves finding the functional derivative of the action with respect to the system's variables, and then setting it equal to zero. This results in a set of differential equations that describe the system's behavior.

3. What are the applications of the E-L equations?

The E-L equations have a wide range of applications in physics and engineering. They are commonly used in classical mechanics, electromagnetism, and quantum mechanics to describe the motion of particles and fields. They are also used in optimization problems, such as finding the path of least resistance in a circuit.

4. What are the limitations of the E-L equations?

The E-L equations are based on the principle of least action, which assumes that the system follows the path of least resistance. This may not always be the case, especially in systems with non-conservative forces or constraints. In addition, the E-L equations are only valid for systems that can be described by a Lagrangian function.

5. Are there alternative methods to derive the E-L equations?

Yes, there are alternative methods to derive the E-L equations, such as the Hamiltonian approach and the Lagrange multiplier method. These methods may be more suitable for certain types of systems or may provide different insights into the behavior of the system.