Deriving Angular velocity from Euler's?

In summary, the question is asking for a connection between Euler's theorem and angular velocity. The solution involves taking the derivative with respect to time of Euler's theorem to obtain the equation for angular velocity, which is w = dtheta/dt. More information or context is needed for a more detailed explanation.
physics_197

Homework Statement

To go from Euler's theorem :
2k0how.png

to angular velocity as shown:
25qzymv.png

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I'm curious how to begin. I can not see the connection! I know w = dtheta/dt, but not sure how to approach this. It has to be more than just differentiate the first equation.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

I guess that you should take derivative wrt time of the Euler theorem.
You really should be givinig the full context, my telepathy doesn't work that good nowadays.

1. What is Euler's equation and how is it used to derive angular velocity?

Euler's equation is a mathematical formula that describes the relationship between the angular velocity of a rotating body and the external torque acting on it. It is used to derive the angular velocity by relating the rate of change of the body's angular momentum to the torque.

2. Why is it important to derive angular velocity from Euler's equation?

Deriving angular velocity from Euler's equation allows us to understand the rotational motion of a body in terms of its angular momentum and external forces. This is crucial in various fields such as physics, engineering, and astronomy.

3. What are the variables involved in Euler's equation and how are they related?

The variables in Euler's equation include the angular velocity (ω), the moment of inertia (I), and the external torque (τ). These variables are related by the formula τ = Iω, where τ is the torque, I is the moment of inertia, and ω is the angular velocity.

4. Can Euler's equation be used for all types of rotational motion?

Yes, Euler's equation can be used for all types of rotational motion, as long as the body is rigid and the external torque is constant. It is a general equation that applies to both translational and rotational motion.

5. How does the direction of the angular velocity relate to the direction of the torque in Euler's equation?

The direction of the angular velocity is perpendicular to the plane of rotation, while the direction of the torque is perpendicular to both the plane of rotation and the axis of rotation. This means that the angular velocity and torque are perpendicular to each other, and their directions can be determined using the right-hand rule.