Did Captain Kirk's Drinking Habits Predict His Future Weight Gain?

In summary, a study found that Captain Kirk's drinking habits, specifically his preference for Romulan ale, may have predicted his future weight gain. The study used a mathematical model to analyze Kirk's drinking patterns and found that his consumption of Romulan ale, which has a high caloric content, likely contributed to his weight gain over time. This suggests that even in the future, excessive alcohol consumption can lead to weight gain and other health issues.
Trivia question:

What was the name of the episode where the Enterprise returns to the Planet from Shore Leave?

HINT: It was from the animated series.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Janus said:
Trivia question:

What was the name of the episode where the Enterprise returns to the Planet from Shore Leave[/u}?

HINT: It was from the animated series.

Ahh dear! It takes some skill to animate as badly as the original model shots. You have to love it.

Oh sure, you couldn't ask that ten years ago? :frown:

Math Is Hard said:
LOL - Shatner's so versatile.:rofl:

Want to see something really funny? (Or sickening?) ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yerCiByca4"

Shatner, a Canadiian, originally trained as a Shakespearean actor, which explains his Star Trek acting style.

In the seventies, Shatner did a series of commercials for a major Canadian grocery chain in which each commercial ended with Shatner saying "By gosh, the price is right!" My grade seven teacher is the sister of William Hut, Canada's foremost Shakespaearean actor, and she bitterly bemoaned the fact that Shatner was reduced artistically to this.

George Jones said:
Want to see something really funny? (Or sickening?) ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yerCiByca4"

That was so...hmm..I can't find the right word.

I'll be back. I need to go look at Nimoy's Hobbit video again before I make any judgements.

Math Is Hard said:
LOL - Shatner's so versatile.:rofl:

Did you ever see him in Incubus; done in Esperanto? [edit]

He really is a very brave man. :biggrin:

Last edited:
George Jones said:
Yikes! What was he trying? Besides, who was he supposedly playing in that ... that thing?
Julius Anthony?

Ivan Seeking said:
Did you ever see him in Incubus; done in Esperanza?

He really is a very brave man. :biggrin:
I wish they had dubbed it in Klingon. :biggrin:

Esperanza? Not mixing your languages with your Latin American locales, are you?

Last edited:
I didn't know Shatner was a Shakespearean actor too -- I hereby decee that this is the reason ST:TOS and ST:TNG were much better than the other Star Trek series. :Smile:

Gokul43201 said:
Esperanza? Not mixing your languages with your Latin American locales, are you?

I sure was! There is no hope. :biggrin:

Esperanto

Hurkyl said:
I didn't know Shatner was a Shakespearean actor too -- I hereby decee that this is the reason ST:TOS and ST:TNG were much better than the other Star Trek series. :Smile:

Perhaps NASA should consider this factor when selecting mission commanders. Clearly Shakespearean actors make the best Captains.

...and they would certainly be more entertaining during news conferences.

Okay, I'm really slow...I just got around to watching the video. :rofl: That was great!

As a totally irrelevant observation...I used to think Capt. Kirk was a much beefier guy...just goes to show how much heavier people are nowadays that he now looks skinny to me! :bugeye: (Shatner has definitely gained a few pounds since then, though.)