1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Differences between Electromagnetic flux and magnetic flux

1. Mar 22, 2012 #1
    May I know that are there any different between the electromagnetic flux and magnetic flux?

Are there any electromagnetic flux in a permanent magnet machine?

What kind of flux will go through the permanent magnet machine's stator cores with copper wires on it?

I am really sorry to ask so many questions in one go. However, I really need help to make myself clear on this concept.

Thank you in advance for the helping!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 22, 2012 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

welcome to pf!

hi vunteng! welcome to pf! :smile:

i've never heard of electromagnetic flux :confused:

the flux from an electromagnet (or any other magnet) is ordinary magnetic flux

where did you see "electromagnetic flux"?​

4. Mar 22, 2012 #3
    Actually I am looking for a material which is magnetic flux shielding. It is to hold the large size of stator core which around 1m long and 0.2m wide, so it must me very strong and magnetic flux shielded.

Can you please suggest me few materials in the above properties?

5. Mar 22, 2012 #4
    For high magnetic fields (above a few Gauss), boxes made of soft iron are good. Remember that H-parallel (tangential component of H) is continuous across an air-iron boundary. See picture of clock in

http://www.tpub.com/neets/book1/chapter1/1j.htm

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook