Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Digital-Analogic conversion help

1. Oct 16, 2006 #1
    I'm trying to work out an equation for the circuit below,but unfortunately I'm not having success.I've managed to get the expression for I1 which is:

I1=(Vin)/2R

How do I find now the expression for I2?Following the equation V=RxI where V is the difference at both terminals of the resistance I need to find the value tension at point A.How do I find that value?I've found the parallel resistance between the resistances that correspond to currents I3 and I4 which is R by I don't know how to work it from that!:confused:
    Any help is really appreciated!Thanks in advance!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i281/esmeco/digitalanalogicconverter.jpg

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2006 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Two things. First, the simulation schematic looks like it has a couple connection errors in it. The bottom of the + input network is not connected to the - input network side or to a "ground" symbol as far as I can see. Is something missing?

Second, the trick with R:2R ladders is to see that in a ladder, the R is in series with a 2R in parallel with a net 2R. That gives you a consistent voltage divider characteristic that you can use in a DAC ladder. You might see if wikipedia or your textbook describes the R 2R ladder to get a better explanation. Hope that helps some.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook