Curious About Drunk Behavior? Here Are Some Questions!

• Thread starter Moses
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Issues
In summary: I also find that I'm much more likely to agree to things when I'm drunk, even if it's something that I really don't want to do.
Evo said:
You're really lucky, a girl I went to high school with got really drunk and choked to death on her own vomit.
There are definitely tragic aspects to it. A few months ago a very nice young girl here in town got dropped off at home by a friend after a night of drinking. Her parents came home from vacation 3 days later and found her frozen to death in the back yard. She apparently hadn't been able to find her keys.
A similar thing happened to me about 12 years ago, the only time I was dumb enough to mix beer and grass. I couldn't get into the house, so I finally busted out a basement window. Wearing my very heavy winter coveralls, I managed to wriggle through the 11" x 15" opening and curled up beside the furnace for the night. My basement has a separate entrance, not accessible from the house. That door is padlocked from the outside, so I couldn't get out the next day. Luckily, there was someone else in the house, so I made enough noise the next day for her to come and let me out. Then we found my keys already in the lock. :rolleyes:

singleton said:
Now the most I'll go for is 14-16 beer over a 6 hour period.
You liquor pig! That's my limit too, but I drink light beer. :-p

Andy said:
Fantastic stuff. Almost as good as absynthe.
I've heard of absynthe, but it's illegal in North America. (Also poisonous, if I recall correctly.)

Physics news on Phys.org
I've heard things about absynthe. I think what you can get here is a watered down version. I think the real stuff is over the legal alcohol content for the UK, and contains a dangerous amount of wormwood.

Well i tried it out in spain, and the stuff was lethal. I was told that if makes people hallucinate and just generally go all funny. I thought it was quite nice though.

I brought some (proper stuff) back from the Czech Republic a few times. It tastes pretty nice but unless you boil off some of the alcohol, (the proper way to drink it), you get really, really drunk before the wormwood effects kick in.

Back