Discrete Fourier Transforms of Signals

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
mintsnapple
Messages
50
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


9i480g.png


Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution



I'd like to see if I have the right line of thinking in my solutions:
a. The sampling frequency should be such that no aliasing or folding occurs, so it should be twice the frequency of the original signal.
$$x(t) = -17 -9sin(4\pi t) + 2.6sin(8\pi t) - 4cos(10\pi t)$$, I think sampled at 5Hz.
b. There should now be four samples...but which four samples should I plot?
c. There should be 2.5 samples right? Again how should I plot?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?