Discussion inappropriately locked

• Complaint
  • Thread starter Count Iblis
  • Start date
In summary, "Discussion inappropriately locked" refers to a discussion or conversation that has been closed or restricted by moderators or administrators due to inappropriate behavior or violation of community guidelines. Discussions can be locked to maintain a safe and respectful environment for all participants. Once a discussion is locked, you will not be able to participate, but you can still read existing comments. To get a locked discussion reopened, you can contact the moderator or administrator and explain your concerns. To avoid having a discussion locked, follow community guidelines and communicate in a civil and respectful manner.
Count Iblis
See here:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=396940

Contrary to what Russ claims, this is absolutely not pointless, it is exacly the way physics is often discussed. It is very educational to do so, despite the fact that some people do not like it this way.

So, I want this to be re-opened asap.

Physics news on Phys.org
I also note that the problem has a reasonably clear cut answer despite what the responses so far suggest. Figuring this out is part of the problem.

Please PM a mentor and it will be explained to you.

1. What is "Discussion inappropriately locked"?

"Discussion inappropriately locked" refers to a situation where a discussion or conversation on a particular topic has been closed or restricted by the moderator or administrator due to inappropriate behavior or violation of community guidelines.

2. Why would a discussion be locked?

A discussion may be locked if it has become disruptive, disrespectful, or violates the community guidelines. This is done to maintain a safe and respectful environment for all participants.

3. Can I still participate in a locked discussion?

No, once a discussion is locked, you will not be able to participate in the conversation. However, you can still read the existing comments and posts.

4. How can I get a locked discussion reopened?

If you believe a discussion has been locked inappropriately, you can contact the moderator or administrator and explain your concerns. They may review the situation and decide to reopen the discussion if they deem it appropriate.

5. How can I avoid having a discussion locked?

To avoid having a discussion locked, make sure to follow the community guidelines and be respectful towards others. Avoid using offensive language, making personal attacks, or engaging in disruptive behavior. If you have any concerns or issues, communicate them in a civil and respectful manner.