DNA Origami: Research & Study Resources for Trapping & Folding Processes

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with their project on DNA origami and needing links to research papers and study content on trapping and folding processes. Some suggested references for DNA topology and related topics are offered, including papers on DNA bending, pressure-driven DNA in nanogroove arrays, bacterial DNA topology, and DNA origami.
sudu.ghonge
I'm working on a project in the field of DNA origami and need links to research papers and study content for the trapping processes and folding processes. Can anyone help?

Biology news on Phys.org
... Not the sort of help i expected. Incase this post was ignored because other fresh posts coming, this is just to bring it up again. Please, I need help.

I wrote a paper on DNA topology for genetics a couple years ago, so I can offer some references. Not sure how applicable they are to what you're looking for, but it's something. 5 and 9 should describe the folding processes and how they construct them.

1. Mirkin, SM. DNA Topology: Fundamentals. Encyclopedia of Life Sciences. 2001
2. Hardin, AH, et al. Direct measurement of DNA Bending by Type IIA Topoisomerases: Implications For Non-equilibrium Topology Simplification. Nucleic Acids Research. (2011) first published online March 17, 2011 doi:10.1093/nar/gkr109
3. Mikelsen, MB, et al. Pressure-Driven DNA in Nanogroove Arrays: Complex Dynamics Leads to Length- and Topology-Dependent Separation. Nano Letters. (2011) first published online March 1, 2011 doi:10.1021/nl1044764
4. Dorman, CJ and Corcoran, CP. Bacterial DNA Topology and Infectious Disease. Nucleic Acids Research. (2008) first published online December 10, 2008. doi:10.1093/nar/dkn996
5. Dongran, H, et al. Folding and Cutting DNA Into Reconfigurable Topological Nanostructures. Nature Nanotechnology. (2010) first published online October 3, 2010. doi:10.1038/nnano.2010.193
6. Szambowska, A, et al. Coupling and Transcription and Replication Machineries in λ DNA Replication Initiation: Evidence for Direct Interaction of E. coli RNA polymerase and the λO protein. Nucleic Acids Research. (2010) first published online September 9, 2010. doi:10.1093/nar/gkq752
7. Laponogov, I, et al. Structural Basis of Gate-DNA Breakage and Resealing by Type II Topisomerases. PLoS ONE 5(6): e11338. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0011338
8. Yurke, B, et al. A DNA-fuelled Molecular Machine Made of DNA. Nature 406, 605-608 (10 August 2000) doi:10.1038/35020524
9. Andersen, ES, et al. Self-assembly of a Nanoscale DNA Box With a Controllable Lid. Nature 459, 73-76 (7 May 2009) doi:10.1038/nature07971
10. Ding, B, et al. Gold Nanoparticle Self-Similar Chain Structure Organized by DNA Origami. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2010, 132 (10), pp 3248-3249 first published online February 17, 2010 doi: 10.1021/ja9101198

Likes 1 person

As a fellow scientist in the field of DNA origami, I would be happy to provide you with some resources to aid in your project. First, I would recommend searching through reputable scientific databases such as PubMed, ScienceDirect, and Google Scholar for research papers on DNA origami trapping and folding processes. These databases contain a vast collection of peer-reviewed articles that can provide valuable insights and techniques for your project.

Additionally, I would suggest looking into journals that specifically focus on DNA origami, such as Nature Nanotechnology, ACS Nano, and Nano Letters. These journals often publish cutting-edge research on DNA origami and can provide a wealth of information on trapping and folding processes.

You may also want to consider attending conferences or workshops on DNA origami, as these events often feature presentations and discussions on the latest research and techniques in the field. This can be a great opportunity to network with other scientists and potentially find collaborators for your project.

Finally, I would recommend reaching out to experts in the field of DNA origami for guidance and advice. They may be able to provide you with valuable resources and insights based on their own experiences and research.

I hope these suggestions will be helpful in your project and I wish you the best of luck in your research on DNA origami trapping and folding processes.

What is DNA origami?

DNA origami is a technique that uses DNA molecules to create nanoscale structures by folding and manipulating the DNA strands into specific shapes.

How is DNA origami used in research?

DNA origami has many potential applications in research, including in drug delivery, nanoelectronics, and biomaterials. It can also be used to study the fundamental properties of DNA and DNA-protein interactions.

What are the benefits of using DNA origami?

DNA origami offers several advantages, such as precise control over the size and shape of the structures, the ability to incorporate different molecules and functional groups, and the potential for high-throughput production.

What techniques are used to trap and fold DNA in DNA origami?

There are several techniques used in DNA origami, including using DNA scaffolds, DNA staples, and DNA hybridization, to trap and fold DNA into specific shapes and patterns.

What resources are available for studying DNA origami?

There are many resources for studying DNA origami, including online databases, research articles, and conferences and workshops focused on the topic. There are also specialized software tools and kits available for designing and creating DNA origami structures.