Do Protons and Neutrons Move around in the Nucleus?

In summary: I think they're called 'Dynomix'?Yes, I have seen those videos. The nucleus is not a classical world. In summary, the classical view of two protons and two neutrons vibrating in some fashion inside the nucleus does not make sense on a quantum level.
Wait, did some one start a new thread for the different question?
Vanadium 50 said:
Are you saying it's a different question entirely? Then you should start a new thread.

Physics news on Phys.org
RaulTheUCSCSlug said:
Wait, did some one start a new thread for the different question?
I don't think so.

NIce

It's also worth pointing out that it is predicted that amongst the neutral pions that mediate between the neutrons and protons, there are charged pions that would turn a neutron into a proton and a proton into a neutron (e.g. a neutron (udd) emitting a negative pion (dū) becomes a proton (uud) and the proton absorbing the negative pion becomes a neutron). Some sources predict the protons and neutrons '..are constantly in flux, changing state every 10-23 seconds..'.

Sources-
Pions
Structure of the Nucleon: Pions and Quarks (section 'Three types of pions')
Introductory Nuclear Physics page 94

Likes nnunn
The interaction can be given under the assumption that the forces are derivable from a potential which depends upon the relative spin orientation of the particles but apparently not upon whether they are protons or neutrons. In order to obtain some insight into the binding of the nucleus, we assume the simplest possible forces and test the consequences of these assumptions by experiment.

In any model assumed the energy level gaps have to be millions of times more I think.Any readjustnents among nucleons must invove titanic effects in reference to atom overall.It is evident due to radiations like gamma rays emitted.